Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Backup Camera/Power Mirrors

Anyone have a problem with their power mirrors and backup camera not working on a Greyhawk? The unit wouldn't start, so I had to take it to the dealer. Three weeks later I got the unit back, and it does start now however, the power mirrors and backup camera won't work. I suspected a fuse but I can't fine a bad one. One problem is figuring out what the fuses are for, the owners manual for the chassis gives you the layout before the coach is added. I haven't found anything that seems to definitive on what fuse is for what. The fuses/circuit breakers for the coach are pretty well marked and located at the end of the bed slideout.

I hate to take it back to the dealer it's an hour and half drive plus I'm sure it will be another week or two at best.
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:28 AM   #2

Ronbo I have EXACTLY the same problem! Mine just stopped work for no reason, not because the coach wouldn't start. I also checked the fuses (man are they a a pain to get to) but found nothing. My mirrors are adjusted OK for now, and I can live without the back-up camera, so I haven't gone further with it. If you get any solution, please post it here, it may fix my problem as well. Good luck!

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #3

Maybe a relay. Is it a Ford chassis?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #4

Pull the drivers side knee panel under the column. Look for a fuse holder there with a 4amp or so fuse. (mine is a red fuse holder). When this fuse blows i loose power mirrors, cameras and most importantly my stairs, as this is an ignition circuit fuse.

The problem with mine is they routed the wire where it gets pinched by the emergency brake.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 AM   #5

Are you talking about the fuse box that is against the firewall behind the emergency break?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:11 AM   #6

Yes it is a Ford Chassis I'm betting that it is a relay. I just don't know which one it is.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
Pull the drivers side knee panel under the column. Look for a fuse holder there with a 4amp or so fuse. (mine is a red fuse holder). When this fuse blows i loose power mirrors, cameras and most importantly my stairs, as this is an ignition circuit fuse.

The problem with mine is they routed the wire where it gets pinched by the emergency brake.
My electric stairs are not affected by this problem, so maybe not the same.
I will go and take a look today. You are not talking about the large fuse panel that is behind the steering column are you? Is there a separate fuse holder you are talking about?

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #8

The fuses/relays are located in the SJB (Smart Junction Box - located under the instrument panel to the left of the brake pedal)
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #9

We had an issue with the backup camera the following morning after picking up our new Greyhawk mv. We drove back to the dealer. There are two fuses behind the 12 volt house battery. Try pulling both fuses out and put back in. It reset and solved our problem. Not sure if this will help but worth a shot.
RubiGHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #10

I am talking about an in-line fuse holder that is in the nest of wiring under the steering column. The control box for the mirror cams is under there as well. You will find Jayco puts fuse holders in the strangest places and your on your own to find them when something fails. I even found a fuse behind the a/c thermostat on the house side. If your stairs are not affected, this could mean they used a different ignition wire for the stairs, or I am totally wrong. Just keep looking, you will find a burned out fuse for this.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #11

Thanks I will give this a shot.

Ron
Old 04-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #12
Wyn

The cameras and power mirrors stopped working on my 29MV. The dealer discovered the wiring harness was laying on the steering column and the insulation on one of the wires was cut resulting in a short. They repaired the wire and tied up the harness so it would not rub on the steering column.
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:56 AM   #13

Any updates to this thread? I have no power to my Audio/GPS (2012 Greyhawk 31SS), and no power to my coach keypad door lock. Maybe the same fuse? So like you, I have no camera, side or rear, since the audio unit will not come on. My Ford manual says Fuse #39 in the panel under the dash, near the brake pedal, but that fuse is fine. Anyone have an idea?
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #14

Don't go by what Ford lists for fuses. They rarely have any bearing on the items installed by Jayco. Jayco has done a horrible job of organizing the wires under the dash and consoles. They have inline fuses buried in several messes of spaghetti so try that first. I just ordered a new rear camera that I thought had died. The camera had power to it, but shoddy wiring allowed the signal wire to chafe and break. I caught this after I tried the new camera to find the same problem I had before. I hope they will accept the return. The more I explore the quality of this unit, the sicker I feel. Good Luck!
Jaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 AM   #15

I had the same issue with the ground wires wrapped around the emergency brake release.
Garyrose6 is offline   Reply With Quote