Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #1

Best induction cookware

Just bought a brand new 2016 Seneca and we are so excited! I need to buy some pots and pans and have heard I need special ones for the induction cooktop. Anyone have some that you love?!! I want to find the best ones! Thanks in advance!
thefrostyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #2

I believe we hold the record for being disappointed with cook ware. We purchased a VERY expensive set of "Calfalon" when I retired thinking it would be the last set we would ever need. We have either donated or thrown away most of it now. The very best we have ever purchased, so far, have been the "copper" brands. There are several different brands available but not all are induction compatible. To check for induction compatibility simply take a kitchen magnet with you when you shop. If it sticks to the bottom of the cookware it is compatible.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:49 AM   #3

You don't "need" induction cookware. You could just get a metal disc that sits between the glass and the cookware. That's what we use on small pots that don't work on our cooktop because their size isn't large enough to contact the cooktops magnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:34 AM   #4

T-Fal makes a nice set that we use.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:01 AM   #5

We are using a Sear Kenmore set. It has the copper ring close to the base. Works great

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #6

Magma makes a set of RV-specific nesting cookware, we absolutely love ours. It stores very compactly, helpful in a motorhome! A set comes with two handles but I bought a third, I also bought their matching omelet pan. The omelet pan also nests with the main set so it is still very compact.

We bought purchased the induction-compatible set even though we have a regular LP range. We also have and use a countertop induction unit, so I can attest it works great on that too. The stuff is heavyweight and distributes the heat well. The non-stick surface is still perfect on ours, but we use only silicone utensils in our unit.

Below is a link to their website in case you want to take a look. We bought our set from Amazon, had it in just a couple of days.

Cookware
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:06 PM   #7

Induction cooktops are great, and you're right that you'll need special pots and pans. Look for ones made with magnetic materials like stainless steel or cast iron. Brands like All-Clad, Cuisinart, and Lodge offer quality options. Don't forget to check out customer reviews, too.
Eithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:23 PM   #8

Love my home and rv induction stovetops. Bought a $500 set for home last year. Bout a $70 set for the rv. Go for the $70 set. Works great and if need to, can buy new set later. So far, very pleased with the $70 set. Here is the Amazon page: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
dwaynebmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:21 PM   #9

We have been using this for years. Takes up very little space. We also bought a frying pan. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:29 PM   #10

We bought three pans, (don't need a whole set), at a discount restaurant supply. A 12" carbon steel frypan, a 3 1/2Q carbon steel dutch and a 4Q carbon steel sauce pan. The dutch and sauce pan have lids. $30 out the door. We rarely use the 4Q.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 03:40 PM   #11

Love Our Magma Set

I could not be happier with our Magma set. Since I have an induction at home, I have used several different types. But for the RV, Magma is the best!