Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #1

big foot leveler

I pulled into Mid Ohio for the weekend and when I went to level the unit would only flash...neither would it turn-on or off. I called Bid foot and got an after hours emergency service number and the tech answered my questions perfectly. I find it pretty rare to have this kind of service. Kudos to Big Foot!!!!!
Old 10-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #2

Best company for leveling systems bar none. Too bad JAYCO doesn't use them exclusively.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:50 PM   #3

A questions about your problem, what was it determined to be and how was it resolved? Just wondering in case any of us other Seneca owners have something similar happen!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #4

Not sure about the Seneca but I had it happen once . I have a control box with the wire running in to the control in the basement compartment . They told me to unplug the wire at the basement wait 30 sec and plug it back in to re set . Worked great , tonight we made it to west of St Louis Mo from Michigan camp sites are no where near level . Bigfoot levelers sure made it easy
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #5

I had to do as Clayton said: 1. get to the back of the box 2. remove the wire 3. wait and then plug back in.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #6

Thanks. Just like so many other modern electronic devices it seems completely removing the power and thereby "rebooting" them cures certain problems.

Good to know just in case!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #7

Bigfoot

We had this happen on our first trip away in out 2015 Seneca. It was a fuse buried behind the house batteries. Left us up on jacks for a few hours as we were out of cell range.
meyerjohnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #8

We ran into this once as well with our 2015 Seneca. That fuse, on the battery bay wall, impacted the jacks and the radios (dash and outside entertainment). Ours blew when I attempted to raise the jacks while the interior radio was playing. Apparently you can't do that
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #9

I have had to do this several times on our 31FS. I've thought about installing a toggle switch somewhere so I don't have to disassemble it every time I need to reset it.
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #10

The Bigfoot support folks are great. You can even reach them on Sunday... I know.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #11

I had a minor problem with the bigfoot leveler. Got the family loaded up in the mh to leave for a trip after tripple checking everything with mh and the stick house got in the drivers seat fired up the motor and heard the levelers beeping like crazy. I couldn't figure out the problem and was ready to cancel the trip. I gave bigfoot a call and with in five minutes we were on the road. I just had to hold the emergency retract button for a few seconds so the leveler would pull up tighter against the sensor. The tech suggested putting rubber vaccum caps on the sensors to give it a tighter fit. I have not done it yet and so far so good. I gotta give them credit it was nice to speak to an actual knowledgable person willing to help.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:56 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawk01 View Post
I had a minor problem with the bigfoot leveler. Got the family loaded up in the mh to leave for a trip after tripple checking everything with mh and the stick house got in the drivers seat fired up the motor and heard the levelers beeping like crazy. I couldn't figure out the problem and was ready to cancel the trip. I gave bigfoot a call and with in five minutes we were on the road. I just had to hold the emergency retract button for a few seconds so the leveler would pull up tighter against the sensor. The tech suggested putting rubber vaccum caps on the sensors to give it a tighter fit. I have not done it yet and so far so good. I gotta give them credit it was nice to speak to an actual knowledgable person willing to help.
The vacuum caps work perfectly. Put them on our limit switches after two false alarms.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote