Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #1

Blue-Tooth with Jensen JRV9000

Besides myself,has anyone else had trouble getting there phone paired to the bluetooth on the JRV9000.My wife and I tried for over an hour in our driveway,no luck.Called the Jensen tech and tried with him assisting us,still no luck.Told us to bring the rv back to dealer and have them try. The unit is in a new Greyhawk MV,and i must say I'm not real inpressed with the Jensen unit and not that impressed with the Jensen company.When I asked them to please send me an owners manual,refused.Said I had to download an 80 page manual and print it.Asked about the GPS manual,since its not in the owners manual,refused.Seperate large download to print.You would think they would supply these to there customers for the price we pay for our motorhomes.
The though of the dealer tearing apart my dash to replace the unit makes me cringe.
I wish the motorhome just had a ford radio ,not the all in one junk unit that Jayco puts in there Greyhawks.Read the reviews on amazon ,pure junk!
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #2

I didn't have any trouble on my greyhawk with iPhone 6 I just hit Bluetooth and Bluetooth on phone and once phone asked for code I entered it. It was displayed on radio screen. And that was it
Pappyt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #3

Yeah - as much as I dislike the Jensen too, I haven't had issues connection my Samsung Galaxy S5.

I downloaded both manuals and found them pretty useless.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #4

I have the JRV9000 in my 2017 29MV....had no issues whatsoever, and even though it says in the manual that it will not play DVDs on the head unit without parking brake engaged....I have found that is not true on mine. Bluetooth connects well, but like they say, its very limited to the distance. I can't sit under the awning outside and play my music without it skipping out occasionally due to weak connection. They should've put a bluetooth antenna inside the compartment outside that contains the A/V hookups for outdoor entertainment. Which I'm going to look into myself to mod if its even possible.

I understand the non printed manual issue you speak of, but I have found that its actually better to have an "E-Copy" on my phone and laptop of ALL my manuals so I can use the search to quickly find any reference to what I'm looking for without guessing where they may have stuck the info in the manual...My paper copies of anything tend to get worn out quickly when troubleshooting an issue (especially wet area problems LOL) with my greasy hands and carefree attitude of where I carelessly place the papers exactly where they'll get damaged ...LOL
WannaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 AM   #5

I have felt your pain. I haven't been able to blue tooth either. Both for some i Phones or androids. Also on my last big trip, my daughter was streaming music and some how that disabled the navigation Icon. I ended up having to use google maps on my phone. Then a couple days later, her streaming froze. I did another reset and low and behold the navigation Icon worked again.
Not impressed
Old 01-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #6

I have had similar issues with pairing among other things. This radio is junk. Already been replaced once. Mine will be replaced before long.
Kocomo is offline   Reply With Quote