Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Brake Buddy

This is my first motorhome. I have been rv'ing for 8 years. I bought a class c Jayco Greyhawk and towing a Jeep Wrangler. I got a brake buddy with the setup and I don't think the dealer had it set up correctly. Beside that point, I bought it in March of this year and just now am going out with it. Long story! I have a question on the brake buddy. The directions say I have to test the unit 5 times so that it relieves the vacuum of the toad vehicle's brakes. I have done that. Directions say that the lights should turn green if it is installed correctly. Does anyone else have one of these and did you get the lights to turn green? I don't remember that the units light were ever green when we picked it up from the dealer.
Thanks,
Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #2

Hi Bill, I pull a Jeep Wrangler with my 2015 Greyhawk and I usually have to carry out "test" 4 times before I get the green lights to come on. I have the sensitivty set to 3 so I get three green lights when the Brake Buddy is ready. I have heard some have to do it 5 or 6 time until it's ready. Did you get the remote unit with yours? In my last travel, the unit didn't seem to apply the Jeep brakes when I braked sharply like it did when the unit was first installed. Does anyone else have this problem? Cheers.
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Blue Ox Tow Package
Blog: https://mfalcontraveler.wordpress.com/
MFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote