Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #1

Can't open/unlock the door!!

Arrggghhh!! We brought our new baby home yesterday, and we can't seem to open the darn door! It has a keyless entry, which by the way was not explained during PDI..(totally forgot to ask about it), but everything else was thouroughly covered.

Anyway, we put the key in, turn it, and no matter which way we turn it, it wont' open. Tried from inside also, no go. Does anyone have instructions to show us how to program, or re-program this door lock? I'm thinking that's the problem.

It's a 2016 31FK and it says Alsentis Hss on the outside of the door handle/keyless entry.
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

If it will not open?? How did you get inside??
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #3

I think this is the manual for it from a quick google search on what information you provided.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...structions.pdf

Since a video is better than photos.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #4

through the passenger door.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
I think this is the manual for it from a quick google search on what information you provided.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...structions.pdf

Since a video is better than photos.

Thanks! I just found this also. Here's a question for ya though. If it's that easy to reprogram a code, can't anyone do it and get into your camper? Me thinks that I will have to remove the batteries from inside and it should reset to the manufacturers code? Ahhhhhh...sometimes I think TOO much!
Old 03-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingcybermom View Post
Thanks! I just found this also. Here's a question for ya though. If it's that easy to reprogram a code, can't anyone do it and get into your camper? Me thinks that I will have to remove the batteries from inside and it should reset to the manufacturers code? Ahhhhhh...sometimes I think TOO much!
I don't have one as I said. I just googled it. From reading the directions I take it that to reset the code you have to remove the batteries and it reverts to the factory code as you mentioned. I assume the batteries are on the inside of the camper. So if it is locked there is no way inside to access the battery.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #7

Quote:
I don't have one as I said. I just googled it. From reading the directions I take it that to reset the code you have to remove the batteries and it reverts to the factory code as you mentioned. I assume the batteries are on the inside of the camper. So if it is locked there is no way inside to access the battery.

It's a class C folks...I can get in through the cab doors! I just cant operate the RV door. Going out to work on the code now. I'll keep you posted!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #8

Quote:
It's a class C folks...I can get in through the cab doors! I just cant operate the RV door. Going out to work on the code now. I'll keep you posted!
Yeah, I get that you have other doors. I wasn't talking about you not being able to get in there. I was responding to your question about someone else just walking up and resetting your code to access your camper. Now if you left the passenger doors unlocked and the got in that way I don't know why they would bother resetting the code on your RV door. They are already inside...
Old 03-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #9

got it done!! Thanks for everyone's help! Now I get to go inside and play around with stuff. I'm sure I'll have some more questions later!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Yeah, I get that you have other doors. I wasn't talking about you not being able to get in there. I was responding to your question about someone else just walking up and resetting your code to access your camper. Now if you left the passenger doors unlocked and the got in that way I don't know why they would bother resetting the code on your RV door. They are already inside...
Ahhhhhh....I get it now! silly me! I got it set up now, it had been set back to factory std, just had to reprogram. And the instructions were right on the inside of the battery compartment! Yay!
Old 03-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Ahhhhhh....I get it now! silly me! I got it set up now, it had been set back to factory std, just had to reprogram. And the instructions were right on the inside of the battery compartment! Yay!
Glad you got it worked out.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #12

That Bauer Keyless isn't my favorite. The batteries don't last very long in ours and the fact it will reset to the factory default strikes me as little better than the infamous CH751 key.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote