Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #1

CB Radio in Seneca

So I tried doing a search on this first, but apparently the letters CB are too short for the search and if I use CB Radio, all it searches on is radio. So anyway, all I am trying to figure out is what type of connector I need to get in order to get my cobra cb connected. I do not want to take my dash apart twice if I dont have to...once to find the part and the other to install it once it arrives in the mail later. The CB itself has a SO239 connector so I am going to need a PL259 cable to adapt to something (if I have my connector names correct)... I cant recall if someone said it was a BNC or what. Can someone enlighten me so I can buy the right products.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:24 PM   #2

This might help: http://jaycoowners.com/forums/f5/cb-radio-30921.html

By the way the antenna breakout box on my unit is right behind the heater/AC controls. To check on yours and verify the connector it is just 4 screws to get that out.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #3

So I have to say this with utmost respect for Robbbyr but what we really need is an ask Robbbyr function! He is always the man. Here again, thanks for all your share man you really bring it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrentJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:03 PM   #4

Thanks! I just like to help. Love working on my Seneca and now that I am retired........!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #5

Jealous of the "retired" part! Getting closer it seems but the finish lines seems to move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrentJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 PM   #6

Bummer is that I think they changed some stuff between years. I took the AC panel off and all that is behind it is a plastic panel. No other wires, no nothing. I did take off the dash panel that covers the radio and the button panel right above the AC panel, but could not get that panel all the way off because I dont know how to get the yellow button off the park brake. I did see a bunch of radio wires right there, but I only had about 2" of room to look so I could not really dig and see much. My guess though is that it might be in that area.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
Bummer is that I think they changed some stuff between years. I took the AC panel off and all that is behind it is a plastic panel. No other wires, no nothing. I did take off the dash panel that covers the radio and the button panel right above the AC panel, but could not get that panel all the way off because I dont know how to get the yellow button off the park brake. I did see a bunch of radio wires right there, but I only had about 2" of room to look so I could not really dig and see much. My guess though is that it might be in that area.
Unless they changed the park brake knob in the newer units also it is held on the shaft by a roll pin you can drive out sideways. You need a pin punch and a small hammer. Tap the pin out gently, being careful with the tapping when it is close to coming out so the pin doesn't go flying!

To replace you just tap it back into place.
Attached Thumbnails
Brake knob pin punch.jpg