Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #1

Check your bolts..

Check the nuts on top of your house battery..mine were hand tight..found out by accident..just a fyi..
Mudduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #2

Good catch, Mudduck.
Also check your A/C bolts under the inside cover.
And check the frame mount bolts that connect the trailer to the frame underneath. I found 3 of those super loose and another 3 or so needing to be wrenched tight a little more. Sure hate to have the trailer leave the frame at 65 mph. LOL

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #3

Somebody needs to buy the Jayco Factory a set of sockets.

I had to take my Eagle HT in for it's first warranty service (discussed in another thread) to have the Slide adjusted. When the tech crawled under the rig to loosen the bolts so they could move the slide I heard him curse . . . then curse again. Turns our all 4 bolts where the rams attach to the outside wall of the slide were finger tight. It looks like someone assembled the slide - but whoever was supposed to adjust it and tighten those bolts was out sick or something.

Didn't catch this during checkout because the slide was in the correct position and worked perfectly. It just took our first camping trip to slide it out of position.

I had him go over the entire rig underneath and on top and check every bolt and screw visible.

I assume Jayco get's warranty reports from the dealers. I sure hope someone in Jayco's Quality Department goes over these reports and looks for trends - like bolts not getting tightened.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote