Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #1

Clarion Navi question

My unit does not have side view cameras, only a rear view. Unfortunately the Navi unit seems to think it does have side view, because whenever the turn signals are used it changes the navi screen (or anything else that is active) to a screen that says "no camera input". This is annoying at best, and sometimes more than that when you are navigating.
Have others encountered this problem? Has anyone found a fix? The manual is unhelpful.

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #2

Our 2011 model has the side view cameras with the magnadyne M4-lcd nav unit. I want to disconnect my side view cameras from the unit because as you said whenever we use the turn signal the unit cycles away from the inputed screen. My problem is the cycle away interupts the power signal and when I'm using the navigation the unit "most times" re-boots.

I have pulled the m4-lcd unit from the dash and wasn't succesful in locating where those side view cameras are connected. I thought about checking a fuse under the hood to determine which fuse the cameras are powered through.

snowbird, I'm not hijacking your thread. I see us both having a similar problem just different end result.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #3

Hi. I have a 2014 Melbourne 29d with a similar setup; backup and two side cameras. The nav unit switches to the camera input when put in reverse or when a turn signal is applied. Hopefully my experience can get you on the right track.

We decided to install a separate monitor in place of the rear view mirror to observe all three cameras all the time which is why I made a change. There is a switch box under the steering column that gets input from the reverse lights and turn signals. All three camera outputs go into the box. The output of the box goes to the nav unit as does a wire that is hooked to the reserve wire of the nav unit. Unfortunately I never found a manual or wiring diagram for the camera switch box so I can't tell you what wires go where. In my case, I removed the box and wired the 3 cameras to the new monitor. Assuming you have the same setup, eliminating the box from switching to the left or right cameras should be as simple as determining which wires going to the box are the turn signal wires and cutting them. The reverse wire should stay connected so you get the backup camera on the nav display when in reverse.

As far as snowbird47s issue, that sounds like a different problem and my guess is the nav unit was not wired correctly.

I hoped I've helped and haven't confused the issue!

Al
ALS2643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #4

How did you wire the 3 cameras to the monitor and what monitor are you using?

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #5

The monitor I used was from Tadi Brothers. They have monitors from 3.5" to 12" I bought their 9" monitor as it includes a 4 camera multiplexer built-in so you can watch one camera at a time our all 4 on the same screen. Wiring is pretty easy but you have to buy an adapter cable to adapt the connector of the Voyager cameras to the input of the monitor which is an RCA video jack.

Al
ALS2643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #6

Thanks for the info

2012 Greyhawk 31 FK
Flat towing a 2008 Miata.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote