Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2016, 08:46 PM   #1

Coach battery

Does anyone know how the coach battery gets charged on a 2016 greyhawk? It,s always plugged into Shore line power. The chassis battery goes dead and bypass switch still won't start the engine.
rwrodgers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:42 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to frog
charging coach battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwrodgers14 View Post
Does anyone know how the coach battery gets charged on a 2016 greyhawk? It,s always plugged into Shore line power. The chassis battery goes dead and bypass switch still won't start the engine.
I am new too RVS too, but coach battery charges when you are driving or idling. Also when plugged in to shore power, and when generator is running. It is always good to have a fully charged coach battery B4 starting out. I have no idea why chassis battery would die other then the ignition switch left on. I stand to be corrected!
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #3

Coach battery is charged by the converter when on shore power as well as by the alternator while driving.

When you hit the emergency start switch do you hear the relay close? Sorry also have to ask are you holding the button down while turning the key?
Old 01-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #4

I keep my coach plugged in all winter so that battery stays charged. I have a battery tender plugged in the coach and feeding into the 12V cigarette outlet to keep the chassis battery full. Best 24 dollars I ever spent. I don't need to remove either battery for storage and all I do is turn the key in the spring.
Wertles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wertles View Post
I keep my coach plugged in all winter so that battery stays charged. I have a battery tender plugged in the coach and feeding into the 12V cigarette outlet to keep the chassis battery full. Best 24 dollars I ever spent. I don't need to remove either battery for storage and all I do is turn the key in the spring.
I do the same as Wertles. In a Ford E450, the dash 12v outlets are always on, so they are connected to the chassis battery. The Battery Tender works well and doesn't overcharge.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote