Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdbody View Post
So the 4 batteries are for the DC lights etc and the batteries under the drivers side is for the engine start etc? The 4 batteries for DC should last quite a while without recharge I would think.
Last year's Oshkosh trip was the longest I've camped "off grid" and the battery bank was just fine running the fridge and 12v items while we were messing around at the show during the day. We ran the Genny during the night for A/C.

As long as you can avoid using the furnace and inverter, I would think you'd be ok for a couple days.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #32

Shortly after I got my Seneca I determined my 12 volt coach batteries were bad. Probably went dead and frozen before I bought the unit. I had to change them out and decided to go with four 6-volt Trojan Batteries that are true deep - cycle batteries. I can now dry camp for 5 or 6 days using just some lights, the water pump occasionally, and other small 12 volt loads before I need to run the genny.

As previously mentioned if you need the furnace or inverter (for microwave or TV) you will eat up your batteries far quicker.

Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #33

We done great with our Seneca at Oshkosh last year also. Our batteries seem to hold up very well. Last year at EAA in Oshkosh we would run the generator in the evenings getting the coach cool then sleeping with the windows open over night. Last year I carried a full load of water the whole 500 mile trip. This year I want to find a place in town or before getting into town to fill the fresh water tank. Wish you could come this year.
byrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #34

See if you can find a Pilot or Flying J on your route with RV lanes. They have potable water connections in the lanes. We filled up at one just north of Indy last year. You can fill up at Camp Scholler as well, but it is well water and the mineral content is pretty high. Wish I could make it this year as well, but I'm planning on making the trip again next year. Have a good time up there!
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #35

There is a Pilot Flying J in Beloit WI which I plan to get fuel and will take on water also. Thanks.

byrdbody is offline   Reply With Quote