Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

Considering New Redhawk 29XK from Richardson RV in Riverside Ca.

Hi folks!
New to the forum, first post. Wanted some input from owners of the Jayco class c lines. We love the round banquette in the Redhawk, plus the overall cost. After a few hours reading on the forum and Jayco site, I now understand many differences between the Gray and Redhawks. Main (safety) upgrades for a new Redhawk looks like suspension and steering control items, and of coarse proper alignment.
That said, do you experienced owners still recommend this product? Overall long term quality? Does anyone have any input on the dealer I am considering?
Thanks everyone in advance!
OC Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your search!
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #3

i have a 29xk i bought in december, already have 2000 miles on it, i bought it from johnnie walker rv in las vegas, the unit meets our needs and has a great deal of storage, none of the greyhawks have the curved dinette which we love, we added hydralic jacks when we ordered in my opion they are a must, was not interested in heat pumps, keyless entry, tankless heaters, all of which seem to be a problem, we like to keep it simple, if you like bluetooth you can by 1 for 50.00 for your sun visor, you can always add sirius radio as aplug in, we just plug our phone, iPod, or kindle fire into auxiliary jack, richardsons seems to have good prices but don't know what they add on or finance options, we have used johnnies walker for 20 years, straight up and up deal no hidden costs and great service, only problem for some reason jayco does not wire outside cable jack, walkers took care of it no charge- our salesman name is jared munk
walkingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #4

Redhawk...

[QUOTE= only problem for some reason Jayco does not wire outside cable jack, [/QUOTE]

Our Redhawk has an outside cable jack (In one of the hatches).

We love the Redhawk as it didn't come with a bunch of stuff that we neither needed or wanted (Tank-less water heater, Navigation system, side view mirrors, leveling system, etc.). Not having that stuff kept both the price and the weight way down!

My advice is to make a list of the must haves that aren't on the unit (Bilstein shocks, anti-sway bar, mounted spare tire, etc.) and then when you have a final commitment (on paper) for the dealers best price, and you are ready to accept that price, ask for those items to be "thrown in" as part of the deal. The dealer is making PLENTY of PROFIT, and will usually give you what you want to close the deal.

Be safe and happy camping!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #5

mine had a jack and plug in on both sides but it was wired to the tv antenna, jayco said they only wire to tv on red hawk, it was an easy dealer fix, not sure that they understood what i meant at jayco, now i can plug in tailgater satellite or cable where rv park has hookups, i agree why pay for things you don't need or use, and the price on 29xk is way less, same engine and trans and frame
walkingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #6

I bought my 2014 32bhds from Richardsons. I actually bought from their Menifee location - sort of. I had contacted the Internet guy who was in riverside and started dealing with him. They had four trailers with different colors to choose from in their Menifee location. I am in AZ by the way. Anyway, I only emailed back and fourth with the guy. Then I drove to the Menifee location and tried to get a better deal than the guy in Riverside would do. I got better, but not exactly what I wanted. The Menifee guy was a little arrogant and was off by about $500 higher than I wanted to pay. So I left, called the guy in riverside, told him what I would pay today and he got to within $100 higher than I wanted to pay and I accepted. The next day, I picked up the trailer at the Menifee location with the minor fixes it needed. I did not see the guy I delt with from the day before. He lost the deal because there was more meat on the bone and he wanted it for himself - and he was arrogant and I felt he was trying to play games. I don't have the guy in riversides name, but if you send me a private message, I can find it in my email. He was straight forward and I would buy from him again.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote