Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM   #1

Considering used 2014 Seneca TS

Hi All
I am considering a 2014 Seneca TS with 8000 miles. The dealer claims it was returned for a bunk unit. The dealer starting price is 157,000. I feel this is a little high but do not have good feel for the value. Any thoughts would be helpful?

The other factors to consider
1) no factory warranty from Jayco.
2) it's been on the lot since December 2014( that's when I first saw it )
Doormandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doormandan View Post
Hi All
I am considering a 2014 Seneca TS with 8000 miles. The dealer claims it was returned for a bunk unit. The dealer starting price is 157,000. I feel this is a little high but do not have good feel for the value. Any thoughts would be helpful?

The other factors to consider
1) no factory warranty from Jayco.
2) it's been on the lot since December 2014( that's when I first saw it )
I'd do a little shopping and see what kind of price you can get on a new 2015 or 16 at a different dealer and then you would have some ammo.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #3

I agree with Grumpy - shop around as that price is too high. We picked up a 2015 FK in November with 5500 miles on it for $149k. The original owner of ours took it for a long trip and decided to trade it for a Newmar Class A.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #4

I have not made a formal offer where do you think I should start? My thoughts are in the mid $120,000.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #5

There are a good number of used Senecas on the market -I would recommend looking at what others are listed at for comparison. I did a quick search on RV Trader, and 2014's are listed for $150k - $170k. I think we really lucked out on ours...
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #6

After looking a other 2014 models it looks like a starting offer of $140,000 would be a start. I think it will end up at $150,000 ish.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #7

Price for a new 2015 should be in the low $160's. Take off another 10% for additional year's depreciation and you are in mid $140's.
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #8

I have a deposit hold on it now. I came to the table with my own finanancing and 20% down. I hope we can settle on the value of both my trade and the value of the Seneca. I will post up the results
Old 04-16-2015, 06:49 AM   #9

I have one, purchased new, if it's on a Freightliner chassis it is worth it.... if you buy it and here high pitch noise in overdrive, call me: two 2 five- 413-738 nine..
Danny rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:28 AM   #10

We are talking now but still not wherei need it to be. What's the deal with the noise in overdrive?
Old 04-17-2015, 05:22 PM   #11

Considering it is used and no factory warranty, I think that price is high. You can buy a brand new 2014 for $159,986. at this dealer. I think this is his last 14 and with a couple of 15's on the lot and 16's starting to hit dealer lots too they may come down off this price. Good luck.

http://www.billplemmonsrv.com/defaul...=xNewInventory
Old 04-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doormandan View Post
We are talking now but still not wherei need it to be. What's the deal with the noise in overdrive?
If it's the whine there is a service bulletin out about the shift cable.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:10 PM   #13

Well after some give and take we came to a price I can live with. I should pick it up this Wednesday. All said and done we ended up at 147,000. I had found another rig on the east coast but after figuring the flight and fuel home it was no savings.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #14

Tomorrow is the day! We are heading to Las Vegas in the AM to pick up the 2014 37TS. We will have a long drive home to get our feet wet. Thanks for the valuable input, it helped. I'm sure I will have a few questions
Old 05-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #15

Too late now but saw a 2015 37TS listed by a dealer in Mesa,AZ for 159xxx.
Tatanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:08 AM   #16

I looked at that rig, they would not budge on the price. I ended up working a deal on Nevada for a 14 with 8000 miles on the odo. If I wanted to go to the east coast I could have bought a new 14 for the same money as the one I bought but I had to figure in the travel cost. The dealer split the travel cost with me to in my business. It worked out for all involved
Old 05-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #17

Sounds like a good deal. Have fun in that thing. I have looked at them (2015) and they are amazing. I'm not ready to spend that much now but would like to get into an older one maybe or a greyhawk for now and then consider new in a couple of years.
Tatanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #18

With a two year warrantee, which should be transferable, I would think there would be at least six months left unless it was bought in mid 2013.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #19

Doesn't look like it can be transferred. The warranty only covers workmanship and parts of the motorhomes added by Jayco. The Freightliner portion is separate, but I would think that part if any is remaining could be transferred or an extended warranty purchased. Jayco info keeps saying Original Owner, nothing about being transferable.

Jayco’s warranty is straight from us, the manufacturer. It’s not an extended warranty nor does it come from your dealer. It comes from the people who built it for you. Our warranty is for two years or 24,000 miles (for motorized only), whichever occurs first, for the original purchaser starting from the date of purchase. There is also a section in all Owners’ Manuals that has a checklist of all maintenance items the customer needs to perform to maintain the limited warranty.

In a nutshell, our two year warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship that may occur within the first two years of the original owner’s possession. There is a list of things that are not covered by our two year warranty and it is important for all owners to read this section in the Owner’s Manual. If you do experience an issue that falls within the two year warranty parameters, we have designated authorized service centers that have been specifically trained to service Jayco units that will help handle the repairs. When you need to have repairs done under the warranty there are a few steps you must take to obtain warranty service.

Notify an authorized dealer of Jayco of the substantial defect in material or workmanship attributable to Jayco, within the warranty coverage period designated.
Provide the notification mentioned above within ten days of when you discovered or should have discovered the substantial defect in material or workmanship attributable to Jayco.
Promptly schedule an appointment with and take the RV to an authorized dealer of Jayco, or Jayco, for repairs.
Pay any freight or transportation costs, import duties, fees and all incidental expenses associated with obtaining warranty service.
In addition to the two year warranty on all our products, we also offer the original purchaser of our folding camping trailers additional industry-leading limited lifetime parts and labor coverage on the lifter system, roof, floor and frame. On our camping trailer tents, we offer five year coverage with parts, labor, and freight covered during the first two years and return freight during years three, four and five.

If you have warranty claims, we are ready to help correct it following the guidelines above and in the Owner’s Manual. The overall goal with our two year warranty is to give our customers the security of a comprehensive, best in the industry warranty for a satisfactory experience. We aim to treat all of our customers as part of the Jayco Family and providing this two year warranty is one way we try to do it.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:23 PM   #20

Thank you, very well said. My Jacyo dealer was upfront with the details you described above. That said my dealer gave a 30 day warranty on my rig and is fully involved to take care of the few items that have come up.
The bottom line is regardless of what you spent on your new or used RV they need to maintenance and if you are not willing to pay for or make the repairs yourself you will have a bad RV experience. This is our 4th rig, second MH. Used doesn't bother me if you do your home work.