Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #1

De-Winterizing

Winter has hopefully broken, My question is how to properly de-winterize my Redhawk 31 XL, this past fall I read all my manuals and with time running out we decided to get it professionally winterized. However it's now time to take our first camping trip.

- I'm all confused, what are the first steps of de-winterizing

I have checked all my plumbing for leaks or cracks.
Antifreeze was in all sinks. I have started it monthly and let it run for 15-20 minutes and have started the generator.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ShaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #2

Refer to your manual for winterizing your unit, and then just "un-do" everything done to winterize it, or check the condition of that component. Flushing your water system, and sanitizing it are two things for sure, then use the checklists in the manual to load that puppy up and hit the road.
Equalizer WDH
TV 2018 F150 FX4 SC 3.5EB TP/MT
jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #3

Check the water pump bypass valve ( where antifreeze is pumped into lines ) set to normal

Load water and bleach mixture in fresh water tank. ( 1/2 cup to 35 gallons?) to sanitize tank.

Pump that mixture through all faucets to flush out antifreeze.

Let bleach water stand in tank and lines for 3-4 hours, or, overnight.

Drain, fill, flush, drain

Unbypass hot water heater

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:16 PM   #4

Open your low point drains then open all your hot and cold water faucets and outside shower. When the low points stop draining close them and all faucets.Hook up your fresh water hose and fill the system (water lines). Then go around and open and run till after all water runs clear and do a flush or too till it runs clear. Now this water will be going into your holding tanks( on problem). Open your low point drains again, count to 10 then close till the next season. Now look at the back side of your water heater and close the bi-pass valve. This valve runs between the lower cold water line and the upper hot water line from your water heater. The cold water flows in at the bottom of the tank and hot out the upper line to service your home. Cold water line valve (open),hot water line valve (open) valve between those two (bi-pass) valve ( closed).
If I missed something guys chime in.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #5

One thing I was told to add when filling your hot water tank is to make sure you purge it using the pressure release valve and drain any air in it.
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote