Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
Pathway X2 for DISH.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
Adding 2nd Tv

I have a Tailgater and have a second Tv connected to it. You will be viewing the same program on both Tv's. I added a second Tv to the bunkhouse. I ran a coax cable from the bunkhouse location to the media center.

I connected the HDMI output from the satellite receiver to the media center Tv and connected the COAX cable from the bunkhouse Tv to the COAX cable connection on the back of the satellite receiver. Then just go to the Tv options and select HDMI as the signal input, and click auto program stations. Remember to turn off your Antenna Signal amp when using the Tailgater.

If you need to add a 2nd remote control for the unit, and there is a wall in between your satellite receiver and your remote controller, you can purchase a RF signal extender. It converts the remote controller IR (Infrared) signal to an RF (Radio frequency) signal and back again for the satellite receiver to see.

IR to RF signal Extender example (so you can use the Satellite REMOTE in the bedroom)

2013 Jayco Eagle 284BHS
250Watt Grape Solar Panel, MorningStar MPPT 60 Charge Controller
1500 Watt Ramsond PSI, 2 Trojan T145 Batteries (260Ah)
2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album http://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #13
I ran the coax from the Tailgater into our bedroom and have component running to that TV, then ran HDMI to living area TV. I did buy an HDMI powered splitter but it did not work, that's why the component. At our winter quarters we receive many air channels so one TV can be on Dish and another on air.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #14
This is why I use a dual-tuner dish receiver in my Pinnacle with a Dish 1000 antenna with a multi-dish switch on a stand outside. It is definitely more difficult to set up, but this way I can watch HDTV via HDMI in the living room and then use an RF cord out of the 2nd output on the receiver. I send it through the coaches wiring and it's hooked up to the TV in the bedroom, where I use the second UHF remote. Now we can watch separate shows on each TV and even record a third. I've considered getting a Tailgater, but losing this functionality keeps me from going that route. I am jealous when my brother sets out his tailgater and he is up and running almost immediately though...

Pinnacle 34RLTS
Ford F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Triton SF-21
Linejudgemick is offline   Reply With Quote