Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #41
here's the manual, check it out and see if it's the one for your model year and make.

2015 GrayHawk 29MV/Toad - 2015 Frontier

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"! - Thomas Paine
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #42
I think it's a Dexter

Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:27 AM   #43
Maybe I'm mistaken, someone please correct me if so. But there appears to be two kinds of locks used. Bauer locks, and those use batteries for power. Dexter locks, and those are supplied 12v power from the coach battery. I think my lock is a Dexter lock, it has 12v contacts on the door and will only work when the door is closed. The keypad is separate from the lock assembly. See pictures. From all the horror stories I have heard about people trying to change lock combos, unless you had a good reason to have it changed, I would probably leave it alone. The fuse that powers my lock are located behind the house battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Door latch 03.jpg   Door latch 04.jpg  
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:12 AM   #44
You are correct. It is a Dexter. What I need to do is wipe the memory clean put it back to factory codes.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #45
Keyless entry reset

My dealer was no help and found this site. Click 'Support' and 'Keyless Entry' is the first choice. It will give you menus for RV manufacturers. Jayco is in the list, but Seneca is not. Use 'Greyhawk' or other and model UM28 keypad manual is available. You unscrew the keypad and short the colored wire listed to reset to factory default and input your own codes. Easy peasy. The 2nd link is direct link to menu if not broken. It is a downloadable pdf for later.
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
E-Ask | TriMark Corporation
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #46
My 2016 29 MV has a Bauer with batteries. It works well so far. I replaced the stock batteries with long lasting one because I didn't want a problem. Setting the code was easy.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

door keypad