Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
So let me give everyone an update on this. If you are doing this to an M2 Seneca, you need to order the standard FluxBeams and not the FluxBeam X's. The new X's come with the wiring requiring you to use the capacitor, which in no way can you fit two of those in the housing (ask me how I know). The set that Robby got apparently still had the option of using the capacitor, but that is not the case now. Only the regular FluxBeams have this option still. I just confirmed this with OPT-7 technical support. Just FYI.
I did not realize they made a production change. I guess I am lucky I got an early version of those bulbs. They sure do light up the road though!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:50 PM   #22

I am going to order a set this fall. I just aligned my lights and found the factory setting was 1/2 of the alignment height thus shining down. I raised them almost 20 inches and pulled the left light over 6'. It made a huge difference even on the rain. Now I can't wait to see what a led light will do. Thanks for the up dated info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
I am going to order a set this fall. I just aligned my lights and found the factory setting was 1/2 of the alignment height thus shining down. I raised them almost 20 inches and pulled the left light over 6'. It made a huge difference even on the rain. Now I can't wait to see what a led light will do. Thanks for the up dated info.

Did you align your headlights yourself using the instructions in the user manual or did you have someone do it for you?
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM   #24

I did it my self using the manual. I also watched a boat load of videos. The first adjustment i made was in broad day light and a tape measure. The first reading was only 20 inches high. After I got them close I used a friend garage and squared up the truck to the front of the garage and adjust the aim to get the targets slightly right of center on the drivers side. And straight on the passenger. World of difference. I will be taking it in to a friends shop to have him verify it is correct. Good luck.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:20 PM   #25

Quote:
I did it my self using the manual. I also watched a boat load of videos. The first adjustment i made was in broad day light and a tape measure. The first reading was only 20 inches high. After I got them close I used a friend garage and squared up the truck to the front of the garage and adjust the aim to get the targets slightly right of center on the drivers side. And straight on the passenger. World of difference. I will be taking it in to a friends shop to have him verify it is correct. Good luck.

On our last trip we left Roswell at 0500 in the rain on a 2-lane shortcut to the interstate. Could not see squat! This upgrade and aim-check just got moved to the front burner. Thanks!
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 08-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #26

Quote:
So let me give everyone an update on this. If you are doing this to an M2 Seneca, you need to order the standard FluxBeams and not the FluxBeam X's. The new X's come with the wiring requiring you to use the capacitor, which in no way can you fit two of those in the housing (ask me how I know). The set that Robby got apparently still had the option of using the capacitor, but that is not the case now. Only the regular FluxBeams have this option still. I just confirmed this with OPT-7 technical support. Just FYI.
Thanks for the update!
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 08-22-2017, 06:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Would using the FluxBeam X for low beam and the standard FluxBeam for high beam be an option? That way you only have to make room for one capacitor. Since the X model is 20% brighter than the standard FluxBeam, I'm assuming one would want the more powerful beam on the low beam? Opinions from current FluxBeam X users would be helpful (Rob?). Thanks!
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 08-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #28

I would say maybe. The capacitors are pretty dang huge....HOWEVER I just found a wammy that makes their help desk guy look stupid. It appears that they do make a 9006 connector on the driver on their v2.1 driver...I got the 2.0 driver. The 2.1 is ONLY available if you order it on Amazon (I ordered directly on their site). See the link below to see what I am talking about. It appears you DONT have to use the capacitor...

https://support.opt-7.com/139657-Flu...iver-20-vs-21-
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #29

I somehow ended up with the Fluxbeam X version where you can bypass the capacitor but checking my Amazon order history I did not get them from Amazon, so I must have received them from OPT7 directly. Very strange. I have bought them both places.

With the direct connection (no capacitors) it fits fine inside the housing allowing the cover to go back on to prevent water entry. And they sure do light up the road. I had my wife drive our Focus while I drove the Seneca in opposing directions so she could see the lights and gauge whether they were blinding her with glare. This unofficial test was a success, she said it was no better or worse than the other cars that passed. Now that test was with my headlights also being adjusted while the coach was loaded for travel. Initially the aim was way off as delivered.

Here is a picture of the bulbs and drivers in the housing, this is the driver side and the X-beam is the upper bulb in the low beam position. The high beam bulb is the original Fluxbeam. The passenger side is just a mirror image of the one depicted.
Attached Thumbnails
LED headlight wiring.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #30

Quote:

Did you end up ordering the FluxBeam X? I want to install low beams before my Feb trip and wanted to get your input: any issues, did you provide extra venting? Thanks!
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 01-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #31

Driving Seneca at night.

I never did as when I had it at freightliner. They raised them further and they seem okay to me now.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #32

Good info. Hopefully someone will manufacture complete LED housings to replace the M2 stockers to make the system foolproof/plug and play. Did that on the Wrangler and the results were wonderfully easy.

Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #33

When I was looking at this back in the summer I located a manufacturer of a housing and led replacement.

Appears to be two new assemblies and new led bulbs. The bulbs are three sides, most replacements are one or two sided. I assume (no guarantee I am right) that by using a new housing they are able to aim and tune the led for better performance.

Old 01-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #34

Installed the low beams last week and I am very pleased with the improvement. I think I will go ahead and do the high beams as well. Glad I waited instead of ordering all four bulbs at once because OPT-7 sent me a 20% off coupon on my next purchase.
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 01-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #35

javamon, which ones did you order for the low beams? Fluxbeam LED or LED X.
Was it an easy install? I also have a 2017 Seneca and was thinking about making the change.
Rick
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-in-Houston View Post
javamon, which ones did you order for the low beams? Fluxbeam LED or LED X.
Was it an easy install? I also have a 2017 Seneca and was thinking about making the change.
Rick
FluxBeam X. It's just like a standard plug replacement. Their instructions are a bit confusing concerning the included "Polarity Flip Adapters". You don't need them. Just connect the included driver to the FluxBeamX bulb and the driver's connector to your vehicle's existing wiring. Took 15 minutes. I ordered the high beams (9005) this weekend.
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 01-15-2018, 01:19 PM   #37

Thanks, Dave.
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #38

How long did it take to receive these? I am planning on being at the factory on April 23rd and wondering how far in advance do I have to order these and if they would drop ship them to the factory for me to pick them up there, as shipping and duty into our neck of the woods is outrageous .
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
How long did it take to receive these? I am planning on being at the factory on April 23rd and wondering how far in advance do I have to order these and if they would drop ship them to the factory for me to pick them up there, as shipping and duty into our neck of the woods is outrageous .
Mine took 3 business days with standard shipping. Amazon and OPT-7.com should offer other choices if you want to speed up delivery.
Kar Kaddy SS
Old 03-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #40

Rob
Could you give me the catalog number for the LED headlight bulbs for the Seneca? Thanks in advance
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote