Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
SJD

Drying rack

Since we have the 2017 37FS that has no ladder on the back to attach a drying rack, does anyone have a solution. The wife would like to have something in the shower so she could also let dry over night. I have tried to fit a cut down collapsible one in there but with little luck. Any ideas???
SJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

We use a tension curtain rod in the shower to hang stuff like wet towels and bathing suits.

For outside stuff we bought a hanging clothes rack from Ikea for about $7 that we hang from the awning outside.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Site Team

We bought the one that slips onto brackets that attach to the rear bumper. I think we got it at CW, and it works OK.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #4

Do most dry their towels and cloths inside or outside? Does drying them inside contribute to moisture problems? Right now we are drying them in the bath with the fan on until I find an outdoor solution or am I worrying about nothing? Then there are some campgrounds that we have been to that don't allow items to be dried outside.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #5

I think it would be really tough to live without a rear ladder. In fact we hang a folding ladder on it. Yes, we have a portable clothes drying rod on that hooks on the permanently attached ladder.

For our daily shower towel, we have a 1/8th inch parachute cord tied over the edges of the rear slide top molding going from front to back. Its black cord, hardly shows.

Basically a loop knot with a small figure 8 knot over the front edge of the top molding of the slide and it stretches over the bump out in the slide in the middle by front edge of the wardrobe on the slide of the 37FS. It stretches all the way back over the back edge of the molding and is tied with a cinch hitch and a timber hitch over the back edge. A couple of clothes pins hangs the shower towels over night and they are put back on the bathroom racks in the morning.

Been there since about the second day of our ownership, about a year and 8 months ago. Without the clothes pins on it, it is close to invisible.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #6

I'd have to add a rear ladder. I use mine all the time. I bought the towel system that attached to the ladder with the multiple swing arms. Very handy at the beach. Enjoy the rig...very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote