Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #1

Equalizer Systems Auto Leveler Installation

Hi.

I recently bought a 2016 Redhawk 26X1. I am planning to install an Equalizer Systems Auto Leveler.

The unit is supposed to have "leveling jack prep" for the Equalizer system already installed. I've found the hydraulic jack mounts, but I've been unable to find the mounting bracket for the pump unit. According to Jayco schematics, this bracket should be approximately 36-40 inches in front of the left rear wheel well.

I'm wondering if there are any other Redhawk owners who have had the Equalizer system installed at the factory, or who have done it themselves, and who might be kind enough to send me a picture or pictures of exactly where the pump unit/reservoir is mounted on their unit. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanking you in advance.
busdriver59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #2

Hi and welcome to the JOF and congratulations on your new Redhawk.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:04 PM   #3

I’m looking for the same thing. What did you finally do?
NevadaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #4

Please check for a private message.
busdriver59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:32 PM   #5

Hello guys, I have the same issue. I don't see the bracket on my 2016 Jayco 26x1. Anyone have any ideas? Also do I need to go ahead and order the 3646 brackets too?

Thanks David
davidl340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #6

I am curious if you ever did this install yourself. If so, how difficult was it?
Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #7

I was close to purchasing this system but cannot find out where to wire to the coach ignition or parking brake (I can't remember)to engage the safety precautions. I do remember that it is not warrantied if you do not wire it. Jayco was of no help and Ford never returned my call. If anyone knows where this harness is in the cab that would be beneficial for many of us.
drmike961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
I was close to purchasing this system but cannot find out where to wire to the coach ignition or parking brake (I can't remember)to engage the safety precautions. I do remember that it is not warrantied if you do not wire it. Jayco was of no help and Ford never returned my call. If anyone knows where this harness is in the cab that would be beneficial for many of us.
Have you tried asking LCI? In my experience, they've been pretty good with technical questions.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Have you tried asking LCI? In my experience, they've been pretty good with technical questions.
My very first call was to equalizer systems of course. The gentleman I spoke with in the tech dept did not know and could care less. I was taken back by the lack of knowledge and helpfulness. I do not know if this is LCI or not.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #10

That is exactly what I was curious about. Installing the levelers and the pump looks easy, but how to connect to the wiring I could not see how.
Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike961 View Post
My very first call was to equalizer systems of course. The gentleman I spoke with in the tech dept did not know and could care less. I was taken back by the lack of knowledge and helpfulness. I do not know if this is LCI or not.
That's unfortunate.

I thought Equalizer was part of LCI, but I couldn't find anything to support that with a couple different searches.

There are a few different manufacturers out there that make motorhome lift/leveling systems; maybe you choose NOT to purchase an Equalizer system? Based on your customer service experience, I certainly wouldn't.

Looking at the instructions published by Equalizer, they state that the parking brake lockout must be installed by a technician qualified to work on chassis electrical systems and to contact the chassis manufacturer to have that done.

Surprising Ford wouldn't help you out? Maybe you can find out from a Ford shop in your area that deals with commercial Ford chassis? I'm sure auto-leveling is not the only system that requires the parking brake be set before operation. I'm thinking like lift gates and such...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #12

LCI makes the level up system. You might call them and ask if their jacks will work on the EQ Systems mounts and how to wire in the pump to the ignition and parking brake systems.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:36 AM   #13
MD3

I've called and emailed Equalizer numerous times... nothing but positive feedback from them. I would try calling them again and talk to someone else.

1. I had a leak in the plastic reservoir tank of the leveler pump. I contacted Equalizer and explained that I could take my RV in for warranty replacement of the tank but it would take 2-4 weeks and 4 hours driving time out to the dealer and back home. I asked if the tank replacement would be easy enough to replace myself. Equalizer responded that it was a very simple task and offered to send me a new tank if I wanted to replace the tank myself. Super easy 30-minute fix at no cost except my time.

2. I wanted to trigger my rear suspension air dump with the Equalizer Leveler system. The system had this capability but it was not used on the Seneca. Jayco used it on other models so it was do-able. Jayco sent me wiring diagrams for a RV model that used the air down harness and the wiring diagrams for the Seneca. I then contacted Equalizer who helped in figuring out which pin to wire from, on their system, to trigger the air release automatically with their system. The even went so far as to mail me the correct terminal to add this wire into their harness and a run of wire attached to it. They were super helpful in figuring this out and went above and beyond to get me the parts needed at no cost to me.

3. My Equalizer pump developed a leak at the back of the pump. I took it into the dealer and they figured out a seal was bad in the pump. Instead of sending a new seal, Equalizer sent an entire new pump assembly. I thought this was great as we do not know why the internal seal was cracked or torn and if just a seal replacement would end up leaking again later.

Equalizer has so far gone above and beyond not only to do what they should in repairing their product but also in helping me use their system at a level that was not originally designed for in my Seneca.

_

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:10 AM   #14

I also have called equalizer on many occasions with other questions. Each time the same lady answered and sent me to the same guy, it appears to be a very small company. He was helpful on most of my other questions but not at all with the wiring. I feel that another call won't change that. Jayco did make an attempt to sent me LOTS of wiring diagrams but none explained where the harness is located in the cab. I read somewhere a while back that it may be to the left of the drivers seat on the floor but without the exact knowledge and pics I am not tackling it. Honestly I am just going to drive it a year first and see if it is really necessary to have levelers. I experienced twisting of my frame on my trailer and difficulty closing doors and bins with my trailer with only mild manual leveling. I don't want to assume that this won't be a problem with a coach and invite more problems if it isn't necessary.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:58 PM   #15

Just wondering as this is a bit old, did you find the bracket. I have a 2017 26X1 and dont see it either?? Thanks
jennso is offline   Reply With Quote