Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-28-2016, 09:18 PM   #1

Equilflo Diesel Tank Equalizer

One of the Seneca's competitors, Dynamax, advertises that it comes with the Eqiflo system. Does anyone know if this is standard on the 2016 Seneca? It sure would be convenient to fill from only one side. Along the same line, has anyone had Freightliner install additional fuel tanks? New Seneca owner. Thanks
Senecarb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #2

2016's don't have equalizer

I have 2016, I assure you it doesn't have a equalizer unit in the tanks. Just put in 1800 miles having to fill passenger side first and then filling driver side to get a full fill. I'll have to do some research on that equalizer unit you you sleek about! Would definitely make fill ups easier.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 09:47 AM   #3

We fill only at Love's Truck Stops in the truck area. Start the fill on driver's side, once going start fill on passenger side and let it go until passenger side pops off. Then complete fill on passenger side until fuel is at the lip of the tank. By this time driver's side has stopped. Put cap on on passenger side and then go fill driver's side the rest of the way to the top. Tanks are filled to the top. Every trip, not every fill us Love's "Tire Minder Service". It works great!

Not affiliated with Love's except as a very satisfied customer. Good service, fair price, clean facilities and lots of added value like the "Tire Minder Service".
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
We fill only at Love's Truck Stops in the truck area. Start the fill on driver's side, once going start fill on passenger side and let it go until passenger side pops off. Then complete fill on passenger side until fuel is at the lip of the tank. By this time driver's side has stopped. Put cap on on passenger side and then go fill driver's side the rest of the way to the top. Tanks are filled to the top. Every trip, not every fill us Love's "Tire Minder Service". It works great!

Not affiliated with Love's except as a very satisfied customer. Good service, fair price, clean facilities and lots of added value like the "Tire Minder Service".
Be Careful at some of the Love's... They will charge 10cents more per gallon if you are not a commercial Truck. Drove over to the auto Lanes and the price was as advertised on the sign.

Have to say - the Truck Lanes are the way to fill, because the crossover line between the tanks does not allow fuel to transfer fast enough to just fill on one side.

Remember to check if you are parked level when fueling too... If you fill the tank on the low side all the way full (but leave the cap off), and then fill the tank on the high side - you might end up overfilling (spilling) the lower tank.

Every place is different, and I have not found many level ones.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:47 AM   #5

Ive been using Loves since I bought the RV last October. I use the Loves iPhone app with rewards bar code. When they ask Company, I say "Broussard Family Logistics", and truck number "007"....

Seems to work, but I've never compared to the auto diesel lane.
tjbroussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:13 AM   #6

Gosh I hate to get back on topic but I think Evenflo ensures that fuel is drawn from the dual tanks evenly. Not sure that it will level the tanks when just sitting there. Would be nice if there was a solution so you could fill from one side if necessary.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote