Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Excellent Jayco Service Experience

The keyless lock on our 2015 Seneca failed last week - it would give a loud beep when entering the unlock code. We tried resetting the code, replacing the batteries, etc. and nothing worked.

I contacted Jayco through the "contact us" link on the website over the weekend and got a response Monday morning via e-mail offering to either coordinate a dealer visit or send me a new lock. I opted for the new lock which was shipped next day air and arrived today. Swapped it out and all is well.

This is the second time I have contacted Jayco via the website (other time was when the outside TV went bad - shipped me a new one also next day), and both times I've been very impressed with the level of service.

I know that there are some that have had bad experiences, but I wanted to share a positive one. We love our Seneca and appreciate Jayco's excellent support so far.

Ty & Deb Montag
Columbus, OH
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #2

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS-"Scamper"
2015 Subaru Forester 2.5i Prem. 6 Spd
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar
2014 Jayco Jay Feather X23B-"Glampy"(Sold)
DW, DS, DDx2, and Bandit & Fletcher
Bikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
Site Team
It's nice to hear the good reports of service after the sale.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:47 AM   #4
As I've said before, this is JAYCO's norm, but very few people post when they're happy about service.
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:25 AM   #5
That's why I wanted to share it. I see lots of complaints, but few compliments - typical human behavior, I guess. No one is perfect, except me, of course, as my wife will be sure to tell you , but Jayco has been very responsive and exceeded my expectations when we've had problems.
Ty & Deb Montag
Columbus, OH
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad
anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 AM   #6
Send a message via AIM to alvinator Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Well said!
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:56 AM   #7
Thumbs up

That's great, you hear so much negative. I was hesitent about calling Jayco Customer Service about my keyless entry. Our coach just went out of warranty last month and we had the second keypad replaced only six months ago. I called Jayco and explained it to them and they sent me a new lock within a few days. I only replaced the key pad and reprogrammed it for now cause it was time to cover and winterize the coach. I will keep an eye on it thru the winter, it seemed to happen when cold weather hit each time !!!! I am truly happy with Jayco , their support team and our dealer because I always got an answer and repairs as needed under warranty.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

Thumbs-up and kudos to Jayco and our Jayco dealer as they have been very responsive with fixing/replacing shake-down punch lists items AND quickly resolving a warranty item (cracked heat exchanger http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...ork-30773.html).

You are so right, human nature is to speak up more when we are dissatisfied than when things go well. I hope more on the forum share their GOOD experiences here and newbies use this information for balancing their decision-making.
"I just go where I'm towed to"

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71/4x4 Duramax
Son's 2016 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 + gifted 1984 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
Jayco and our Jayco Dealer, TeamRVInc., in Albany, Georgia have both provided us with excellent service. My unit is now of its 2 year warranty and I just wrote Jayco about getting all the plans for our unit so we will see what happens with that.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #10
Send a message via Skype™ to Dave_Jan
WOW read the first post and I have the very same issue. However, I called them instead to emailing and they responded with " I will have that keypad sent to you over night" Now that is service. I also took the opportunity to ask about the cycling of the tankless heater. There is a new tankless heater out and he is sending the info on it. I just don't know if i want to stick with tankless or install a 10 gallon electric./gas heater.

THANK YOU Jayco Customer Service "Randy"!!

Dave & Jan
2014 Seneca 37FS
07 Ultra Classic
Dave_Jan is offline   Reply With Quote