Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Pump running non-stop is because there's a valve or faucet open some place. Or it *thinks* there is.

All drains closed???
All three?
All faucets off - both showers??

Try this:
- hose to water inlet
- country fill, but pump *off*
- all faucets *off*
- turn on water and fill tank
- make sure tank gauge works

Flip valves to normal.
Turn pump on and see if system pressurizes; pump eventually turns off
Sorry missed this point. Which 3 drains do you mean?
kthoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
if you have any bypass valves on water filter or water heater make sure they are open and not in bypass mode.
Any idea where water filter one would be on the Redhawk? I know the water heater ones are open
Old 05-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Put the valves in position 1 and 4 and turn on the pump.
That's country fill for me?
Old 05-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #24

So putting my valves on normal - no water comes out. Only Country Fill works. I guess I'm going to the dealership
Old 05-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #25

So let's make sure we're all on the same page.

City Fixtures - water hose connected to inlet, pump off. Tank doesn't fill. Water goes directly to faucets. Again - Pump should be off.

City Fill - water hose fills up the tank. Pump should be off while filling.

Country Fill - water is pumped from a jug and into the fresh water tank. Pump is ON.

Normal (3 & 5) - this is where the valves should be all of time (except when filling, winterizing or sanitizing). Pump is on.

Low Point Drains - there are three on my Greyhawk. Open for draining the tank. All three are closed for Normal usage.

Overflow Drain - when my fresh tank is filled and the hose is still connected and on, then the water overflows.

When you say water splashed back at you - when is that?
Is that after you try city fill and turn on the pump?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #26

Right. All good. When I put it on City Fill Tank 1&6 the pump will spit water back out me like it's coming from a hose. Normal 3 &5 seems like it's doing nothing. Again, it would only file on Country Fill (1&4). I think my valves are screwed up.....
Old 05-27-2017, 06:22 PM   #27

When it's on normal 3&5. I get nothing from the taps, no air, no gurgling , nothing
Old 05-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #28

Your city water connection ( the white plastic knob that you actually hook the hose to ) has a washer with a conical filter in its middle. To use country fill mode you must turn the washer so that the conical metal mesh filter points into the vehicle. When done, you must reverse the washer so that the mesh filter points out at you. Check this washer. If it is in wrong, you won't be able to use the "city fill" function.
You can pry this washer out with a small screwdriver to turn it.
busdriver59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by busdriver59 View Post
Your city water connection ( the white plastic knob that you actually hook the hose to ) has a washer with a conical filter in its middle. To use country fill mode you must turn the washer so that the conical metal mesh filter points into the vehicle. When done, you must reverse the washer so that the mesh filter points out at you. Check this washer. If it is in wrong, you won't be able to use the "city fill" function.
You can pry this washer out with a small screwdriver to turn it.
Thanks. Ok so I've located that washer. So are you saying to use "City Fill" I have to turn that washer around every time? I read before that this was needed for "Country Fill" but for "City Fill" as well?. If that's true that this setup is terrible.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthoms View Post
Thanks. Ok so I've located that washer. So are you saying to use "City Fill" I have to turn that washer around every time? I read before that this was needed for "Country Fill" but for "City Fill" as well?. If that's true that this setup is terrible.
Yes, no - maybe...

It depends on how stiff your check valve is. The Jayco answer is probably "No! Never! You never need to flip it for Country Or City Fill!"

But some of us have some pretty stiff check valves and we flip it every time.

The "maybe" is that mine seems to have loosened up. It looks like I don't have to flip it anymore. We'll see if that lasts.

City Fill - Pyramid pointing out, towards you, away from coach.
Country Fill and Winterizing - Pyramid points in, towards coach

You cannot just leave it in Country Fill mode as the check-valve will be depressed and you won't be able to pressurize the system.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:00 PM   #31

Yes. When the washer/screen is turned toward the RV, it acts as a "plunger" to depress a check valve. I didn't design it. It's not that big a deal. But that's the way it works on my 2016 Redhawk too. Hope this fixes your problem. Let us know if it works for you, or if you have some other, unknown malfunction we can all learn something from.
busdriver59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Yes, no - maybe...

It depends on how stiff your check valve is. The Jayco answer is probably "No! Never! You never need to flip it for Country Or City Fill!"

But some of us have some pretty stiff check valves and we flip it every time.

The "maybe" is that mine seems to have loosened up. It looks like I don't have to flip it anymore. We'll see if that lasts.

City Fill - Pyramid pointing out, towards you, away from coach.
Country Fill and Winterizing - Pyramid points in, towards coach

You cannot just leave it in Country Fill mode as the check-valve will be depressed and you won't be able to pressurize the system.
Thanks that's helpful. This weekend I'm home and I'll just drain the tank and start over and see what happens
Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #33

Pump should not be ON when hooked to city water.

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by busdriver59 View Post
Yes. When the washer/screen is turned toward the RV, it acts as a "plunger" to depress a check valve. I didn't design it. It's not that big a deal. But that's the way it works on my 2016 Redhawk too. Hope this fixes your problem. Let us know if it works for you, or if you have some other, unknown malfunction we can all learn something from.
Same thing on the screen/"plunger" on our 2013 Redhawk. Must be turned around for different filling type.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #35

Thanks guys