Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2017, 04:03 PM   #1

First trip in new Redhawk 29xk

Well we did our first overnight at the Walmart parking lot in State College, PA. Went down to see a softball game that a young lady who is a friend of ours was playing in. (would love to go back for a football game) Now we are getting ready to head to Carabelle,Fl for a week. This is our first RV and we are really looking forward to the trip. It will be nice to get to some warm temps for some much need relief from the cold up here.
IronLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #2

I hear you Iron. Congratulations on your new rig. I just got my 2017 Greyhawk 31 fs last week and had to drive it 2000 miles to home. I got a bit of a scare cause I boon docked the first night and could not get ac power from the genny. I googled it and thankfully found a suggestion to check the circuit breaker on the genny. I flipped it the right way and got the power I needed. It went down to 24 degrees that night. Anyway welcome to the rv world your gonna make some great memories.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #3

We're in year 3 of RVing, and I've never seen Niagara Falls, so that's something we're hoping to do this summer.

78* here today!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLou View Post
Well we did our first overnight at the Walmart parking lot in State College, PA. Went down to see a softball game that a young lady who is a friend of ours was playing in. (would love to go back for a football game) Now we are getting ready to head to Carabelle,Fl for a week. This is our first RV and we are really looking forward to the trip. It will be nice to get to some warm temps for some much need relief from the cold up here.
Did you get much sway from side winds or Semi's passing ?
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #5

Congrats! We've had ours out on several weekend trips but getting ready for our first 10 day run.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #6

We did get some movement from a pretty bad side wind but nothing that couldn't be handled. I found that being behind a big rig was worse than passing them. There was a lot of turbulance as we came up behind them.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #7

Pconroy, I've been in the Denver area several times. Love the mountains! I have nephews that live in Fort Collins and took a trip out there two years ago on my motorcycle. Had a sister in the Boulder area and went out to see all of them. That was a nice long ride on the bike.

I think everyone should see Niagara Falls at least once in their life. The waterfall and river area are awesome. You can stand right next to the edge, take an elevator to the bottom and there are boat rides (Maid of the Mist) that take you to the base of the falls in the lower river.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLou View Post
live in Fort Collins and took a trip out there two years ago on my motorcycle. Had a sister in the Boulder area and went out to see all of them.

I live just outside of Boulder and work in Fort Collins.
Fort Collins is really a hidden jewel out here!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
We're in year 3 of RVing, and I've never seen Niagara Falls, so that's something we're hoping to do this summer.

78* here today!
Living about an hour and a half from Niagara Falls I would definitely take the trip. It is impressive to see and experience. There is a better view from the Canadian side but you can get pretty close to the top edge from Goat Island on the US side. If you are looking for things to do around there I would definitely recommend doing the jet boat tours, there are several on each side of the gorge. Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours.

Enjoy!

mdeisenroth is offline   Reply With Quote