Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Griswald One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 363
Ford Warranty Work

Quick question which I think I already know the answer to... Just hoping I am wrong... Whose responsibility is it to arrange for Ford Warranty work on my rig, Mine or the Dealers?

I ask because one of my 12v cigarette lighters is burnt out and needs replacing. Ford won't let Jayco do the work but all of the dealerships near me are telling me they can't handle a Motorhome at their facility.
__________________

__________________


Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,233
My understanding the is a Ford item.

Have you verified the fuse is still good?

Call Ford service and ask for a local repair shop.
__________________

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
hoppers4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Port Orchard
Posts: 851
I had really good luck calling the Ford MH Chassis Customer Service line at 1-800-444-3311. They'll point you to the nearest Ford Chassis Service Center. My closest service center was 20 miles away and after I talked to the Customer Service line, this service center called me and we set up an appointment. They were very helpful.
__________________
Don
------------
2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Griswald One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 363
Thanks Guys

Jagiven - Actually tested all of the 20amp fuses just in case it was in a different location then it was supposed to be. No luck. As far as phoning the local Ford Dealer... None of them will take it because their shops are to small but they won't let Jayco do the work because it is Ford warranty.

Hoppers4 - Perfect. I am guessing that number is for the US but hopefully they can connect me to the Canadian equivalent.


Follow-up - That number does work for Canada... Only problem is they would not help me without my VIN number... Which I do not currently have because my ownership is in the RV... Which Jayco has
__________________


Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Albany
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Jagiven - Actually tested all of the 20amp fuses just in case it was in a different location then it was supposed to be. No luck. As far as phoning the local Ford Dealer... None of them will take it because their shops are to small but they won't let Jayco do the work because it is Ford warranty.

Hoppers4 - Perfect. I am guessing that number is for the US but hopefully they can connect me to the Canadian equivalent.


Follow-up - That number does work for Canada... Only problem is they would not help me without my VIN number... Which I do not currently have because my ownership is in the RV... Which Jayco has
Insurance policy? It is normally printed on your policy or your insurance card.
__________________
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Griswald One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 363
Docs at Home

10.4 DnJ ... All of those Documents are at home since my car and MH are insured through different companies. Just a minor annoyance until I get there.
__________________


Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 2,929
It's your responsibility to arrange warranty work with Ford and yes, it must be done through a Ford dealer to be covered. A lot of the newer dealers are able to do the work. Our dealership is completely outfitted to work on big rigs. LCF's, F650,750,800's etc. More importantly, our techs are well trained. ANY dealer in your area should be able to point you in the right direction.
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
TWP723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Abingdon
Posts: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
10.4 DnJ ... All of those Documents are at home since my car and MH are insured through different companies. Just a minor annoyance until I get there.
Call your insurance company. They can give it to you over the phone.
__________________
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Griswald One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
It's your responsibility to arrange warranty work with Ford and yes, it must be done through a Ford dealer to be covered. A lot of the newer dealers are able to do the work. Our dealership is completely outfitted to work on big rigs. LCF's, F650,750,800's etc. More importantly, our techs are well trained. ANY dealer in your area should be able to point you in the right direction.
Thanks TWP.. I am glad you put SHOULD in italics ... So far each dealer i have called has recommended another... When i call them they recommend another.... And so on... 😀

The call center will work.. After I get home... Just frustrating that they would not assist all without a VIN.. I did not need them to book service... Just give me a contact number. I am told patience is a virtue... I am not very virtuous. 😇
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
hoppers4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Port Orchard
Posts: 851
Well rats on the VIN! Sounds like you're one step closer though.
__________________

__________________
Don
------------
2015 Greyhawk 29MV
Honda CRV toad with Blue Ox baseplate
Ready Brute Elite towbar with braking system
Hughes autoformer
TST 507 Flowthru TPMS
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.