Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 PM   #11

I think I remember seeing that they added an external propane connection on the 2016's. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Adding one to ours is on my list of things to do at some point.

2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:01 PM   #12

I have a 2015 seneca ts
my doors have popped open 2 times in 9000 miles
my right side drivers arm rest falls off when you fold past vertical. Easy to re install.
Do not know what is missing as the three others work fine.
WE installed a nice electric horn, now we rule the road when needed
several small issues, but overall we like the Seneca
WE did do the wind noise fix and now we are DP quiet.
PS we had to replace a taillight that was full of water $25.00 online.
rebuilt hydraulic jack that leaked
repaired burn wires on step
glued several loose trim pieces
rerouted air line by drive shaft
had to seal shower to stop leak
a few other small things, so not bad as RV's go
PS I can not ever get more than 46 gallons in my tanks, any answers? I do fill from both sides
As a previous owner of many high end class A's (8 or 9) including four 45 footers and two Prevosts I find the Seneca a great driver. Easiest to drive of any RV I have ever owned. It is short on space around bed and the toilet area, sure not the quality of the class A's, but not bad. It is a lot of RV for the dollar. The other coaches cost 3-5 times the Seneca price.
If I could tell Jayco anything it would be only do two slides and skip the big one as we all know sooner or later that thing is going to be a problem. I had a four slide 2005 45 foot Navigator, however I never worried about my slides. On the Seneca with the very deep booth slide I worry.
PSS has anyone with a TS shimmed (tilted) their TV. We cannot view ours from bed because it is not tilted. That is just dumb for Jayco not to have fixed this long ago.

johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd View Post
PSS has anyone with a TS shimmed (tilted) their TV. We cannot view ours from bed because it is not tilted. That is just dumb for Jayco not to have fixed this long ago.
We are hijacking the thread, but oh well..........

I have a 2014, I think the 2015 rear TVs were the same. I replaced the rear TV with a larger Samsung (have actually replaced all 3 TVs with larger units!), mounting it outside the cupboard door on a motion bracket. It is held flat on the door by two nylon latching straps for travel. When strapped down it lays on two rubber weatherstripping pieces to keep it from rattling and marring the back of the TV. I also have a Blu-ray player on the top shelf of the wardrobe and a sound bar mounted above the wardrobe. Our rear TV experience is great now!

Here are a few pics, PM me if you need any information on this or my other TV mods.
Attached Thumbnails
20160812_073625_resized.jpg   20160812_073704_resized.jpg   20160812_073751_resized.jpg  
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #14

My door is hinged at the top (i think). I planned on shimming between the bracket and the TV using spacers and longer screws. I will look and see if a new bracket is a good option for me as yours looks nice.
Thanks
johnd
jdshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #15

The motion bracket is bolted to the original "behind the door" bracket that Jayco used. I just added to what they had.

Hinging up may limit you to keeping TV behind door though.
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer Sport or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 PM   #16

The 2016 has a hose off the propane tank with a quick connect and valve for a propane stove. Not sure about later models.

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #17

Seneca basement doors popped open

I also had problems with my doors coming open, on their own. On my first real trip three of my doors came open on their own. This is the first time something had been put inside the storage area. (Not over loaded) I pulled off the freeway and saw that one of the doors popped the heads of the screws holding the door on. Fortunately, I was driving past the dealer where I purchased the Seneca. They put a heavier duty screw on the door. I made an appointment for the following week and they saw that when the doors were locked a strong tug would pull the doors open. The plan they devised was a 3" x 16" piece of rigid metal behind each latch. It appears the cargo bay flexed too much and allowed the doors to pop open. They installed the metal on all but the propane door. The doors have stayed secure on several trips now, One over 700 miles.
They contacted Jayco and were told they never heard of that problem with the cargo goods. I find that hard to believe. I still look at the doors as I drive to make sure they haven't worked loose and check them at each stop.
I guess I am paranoid now.
rollon52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:30 PM   #18

I have experienced one door coming open in two years. I guess I don't have a problem there. As for the compartment floors, I cut 3/16 in thick plywood for the compartment floors. Makes for a stringer floor.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwade View Post
I have experienced one door coming open in two years. I guess I don't have a problem there. As for the compartment floors, I cut 3/16 in thick plywood for the compartment floors. Makes for a stringer floor.
I had a door pop open on a particularly rough road. Inspection of that door and the others revealed several compartments with stripped or missing screws. I think they used different latches on the 2016's and later.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote