Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2015, 04:34 PM   #1

Getting TV to work on ALL inside Speakers

On the Grayhawlk model is the TV ( have the Jensen) suppose to work on ALL speakers inside? or just the TV itself ? and that questions also applies to Bedroom TV...

Very poor handbook. Does not mention anything about Audio setup inside the MH.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #2

Not sure on your GreyHawk, but on my Eagle HT I had to run a cable from the TV sound output to the Jensen auxiliary 1 sound input to have the TV sound through the speakers. It was not setup to be like that from the factory, but the jacks were already there, I just bought the cable. Really helped a lot because we could barely hear the TV before because it is in the cabinet. On our Jensen set, A speaker is living area, B is bedroom area, and C is outside.

I dont think the bedroom TV could be easily hooked up to any speakers unless it way different from my trailer...which is a possibility. Never been in a Greyhawk. Maybe that'll help.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:14 AM   #3

On ours, the speakers work if the signal is coming through the stereo, i.e., playing a dvd. If the signal is coming from the satelite, antenna, or cable connection, then the sound only comes from the TV speakers.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgermane View Post
On ours, the speakers work if the signal is coming through the stereo, i.e., playing a dvd. If the signal is coming from the satelite, antenna, or cable connection, then the sound only comes from the TV speakers.
Ours is the same way. Going to look into rewiring it. Can't think of a instance where I would want sound from the tv only.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #5

Our television will actually pipe sound back through the Jensen to the trailer speakers. It's an audio output option on the TV (IIRC). I don't remember the exact option or which buttons to push, but I do know it can be done without adding cables (as it came from the factory) in my trailer.

If I remember, I will try to find out this weekend while we're out and post up here again.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Our television will actually pipe sound back through the Jensen to the trailer speakers. It's an audio output option on the TV (IIRC). I don't remember the exact option or which buttons to push, but I do know it can be done without adding cables (as it came from the factory) in my trailer.

If I remember, I will try to find out this weekend while we're out and post up here again.
To get the sound through the outside speakers whether TV or radio it's the speaker option "C" button on the Jensen unit.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #7

I want to run all the speakers on the inside from just the tv.
godawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #8

tv audio to ztereo

In our Eagle I found that the tv had audio output and I believe it's optical. The Jensen manual showed an optical input, so...
I just have to change the jensen to whatever they call that choice, aux or digital and it takes a second then works. Remember to run the tv volume all the way down or you may get an echo effect from delay.
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:07 AM   #9

Where do you plug everything in at?
godawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #10

Getting TV to work on ALL inside Speakers

Ok, on my Jensen, the TV sound output goes into "Aux 1". I just turn on the TV, turn on the Jensen, press the "Aux" button until I hear the TV sound (you have to have the Jensen volume pretty high), and mine is on Aux 1. As I said, it was like that from the factory, I have not added or changed any component cables.

Add: obviously, once you have the TV sound going into the Jensen head unit, you can choose whichever "zone" or zones you want on. For me, A is the main cabin, B is the master suite, and C is outside speakers.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 01-08-2015, 05:13 PM   #11

jensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by godawgs View Post
Where do you plug everything in at?
Pull the jensen out, there are long cables on it so you can get to the back. Run the cable down from the tv.
I also ran audio from bluray player to mine.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Ok, on my Jensen, the TV sound output goes into "Aux 1". I just turn on the TV, turn on the Jensen, press the "Aux" button until I hear the TV sound (you have to have the Jensen volume pretty high), and mine is on Aux 1. As I said, it was like that from the factory, I have not added or changed any component cables.
I think I have that button on my Jensen unit. I'll try that before I pull the unit. If not, it'll be Cosmic's way because I'd really like to have TV sound throughout the camper. Of course, I won't know till April.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #13

A confusing discussion as the OP has a Greyhawk Motorhome with a Jensen TV. The first response is from a Trailer owner with what appears to be a tv controlled by a Jensen box of some sort which the OP, and me, seem to not have. Two different systems?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippers View Post
A confusing discussion as the OP has a Greyhawk Motorhome with a Jensen TV. The first response is from a Trailer owner with what appears to be a tv controlled by a Jensen box of some sort which the OP, and me, seem to not have. Two different systems?
They must be different.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #15

They are different. Most of the recent Greyhawks have a Clarion headend unit, and a Jensen TV. Other MH owners have indicated that there is a way to get the Cable/ANT/Sat signals to broadcast through the ceiling speakers, as is, without modification. Hopefully, one of them will chime in. I'd love to know myself.
bgermane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #16

users manual

If someone has the stereo's manual, see if it has aux inputs. I'm just sayin' that Jayco did not set mine up, for sake of a $4 cable.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippers View Post

Oops, sorry. Didn't see it was a MH... (Backing away slowly)

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 01-17-2015, 12:42 PM   #18

In my 2015 White Hawk 25BHS I have a factory installed Jensen JE3214 TV and an iRV 6500BT head unit. I'm in the process of hooking the TV's audio out to the head unit. I found the user manual for the TV which shows the connection in the back but I can't find a manual for the iRV 6500BT. I could just remove the unit to see what's back there but would like to know if it has, 1) audio in (left & right), 2) component connections, and, 3) HDMI before removal so I can purchase the cables before I start.

By the way, I think I have figured out how to remove the TV from the wall mount. I was feeling around the sides and felt a spring-loaded lever on each side that you pull toward you to release the bottom of the TV. Am I right?
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #19

Just a comment - I really like our trailer but I'm disappointed that the factory is cutting corners on the hook up of their entertainment center. Instead of installing just one set of RCA cables from the head unit to the TV, they should install an HDMI cable or component cables for DVD viewing and RCA cables from the TV's "audio out" to the head unit's "audio in" for playing TV audio through the TT speakers.

If they are too cheap to install the additional cables they should at least provide the buyer with detailed instructions as to how to optimize the system. Hopefully Jayco monitors this forum and considers the user's inputs.
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 AM   #20

Mr OZ. If you do rewire your Jensen TV speakers to run through Clarion to operate overhead speakers would you post how it was done. I have the 2015 Seneca TS and I know both the Jensen in the overcab entertainment center and the bedroom TV have the RCA three wire audio cables to them but not sure how to rewire.

Thanks.

Foster15
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote