Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanandcollette View Post
Ours will scald you then cool you down real quick! Invigorating!!😉

Do a little reading on here about how others have coped and resolved this problem.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #33

Thanks, I will check it out

Ryanandcollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:31 AM   #34

I went to Lowes and picked up a 3/4" Well's regulator and all the fittings to adapt to water hoses and installed gauge after the regulator. I have it adjusted to 55 psi when static and it drops to high 40's with shower hot water on. Now, it gets down to 109 degrees and somebody can use cold water in another faucet and it doesn't affect the person in the shower! Oh, I also installed a brass Y garden hose fitting, that doesn't have cutoff valves on it, right on the main water supply line which has large passageways instead of the small ones found on Y's with cutoff valves on them. I believe this helped also.

2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH
2016 Ford F350 Platinum White DRW
NitroStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:54 PM   #35

Unhappy Tankless or thankless

I have been with out my unit for over a month because of the tank-less system I am stuck with. Only a month you say, yeah but I've only had it 5 months so that is 20% of the payments that I have made. maybe if they took over our mortgage while it's in the shop, things might get done faster.
I first off have a 3rd gen system (I think). I started my saga with no hot water, then banging the solenoid to get hot water, and now I'm in the heat the hell out of the water mode. 103 - 120 hey it's only water.... but I look terrible with red skin. they replaced the solenoid valve and said all is great, we went away for a weekend to test things and the temps kept running up and down.
I went back to C.W. who is my local Jayco repair center and after five more days the actual service manager came out to show me that the system works. he used a meat thermometer in the water flow from the sink faucet and said that this is as good as it gets, what did I expect? I expect more professionalism than a meat thermometer.
I have an electronic temp gun and it shows the temp cycling + or - 20 degrees using either tank or city water. I have asked C.W. to replace the tank-less with a 6 gallon conventional tank. they are now trying to get Jayco to approve. Waiting 1 week so far for their answer.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:48 AM   #36

No hot water this morning . Thanks to reading this forum . I had hot water again in a few minuets . First I checked the reset switch it was not tripped . Then good sharp rap on the gas modulation valve , Now we have hot water . That was the first time I have had to do that . Hope that does it for a while . We still have 6 days left on our trip . My Thanks to this forum .
Davidmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:28 AM   #37
Site Team

Maybe they should hang a hammer next to the valve from the factory?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Old 08-17-2016, 08:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Maybe they should hang a hammer next to the valve from the factory?
...........and a clearly readable sticker that says "bang really hard here"!
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #39

Ideal product for dry campers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgerhard View Post
I have the Girard GSWH-2 the 3rd generation Tankless on demand water heater. It works flawlessly when using full hookups but not so much when boon-docking. Since I mostly boon-dock, I'm replacing it with a standard Atwood water heater. It's for sale if anyone is interested.
There is a great new product on the market that solves the problem of wasting water when dry camping whether you have a tank or tankless water heater. I saw a demo of the product at a rally in August. It's called the "Shower Miser", go to Aqua View, Inc. – Results You Can See for further information. It retails for about $55 and solves the problem of wasting water.
jrnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnert View Post
There is a great new product on the market that solves the problem of wasting water when dry camping whether you have a tank or tankless water heater. I saw a demo of the product at a rally in August. It's called the "Shower Miser", go to Aqua View, Inc. Results You Can See for further information. It retails for about $55 and solves the problem of wasting water.
I looked and read the info on their website. It may be interesting to some who like to keep up with the latest, but for me wasting water in my rv is not a major problem. The hw heater is less than 10 feet from any faucet in the rig.