Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #1

Gremlins In The Radio

I have talked with another Seneca owner and his has this same problem, with everything off the radio will come on by itself. I will go out to the rig and the radio is, anyone have the secret to keeping it off?
Fishman417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Have the same problem with my Jensen. It'll come on randomly. Might be a week, might be a month, but it'll come on from time to time. And it's not the weather alert or alarm. I also notice that it'll come on if I cycle the battery kill switch in the coach. So perhaps something is interrupting the power to the Jensen. Don't know and have never really perused it. I just make sure I always leave the unit on bluetooth so I don't get blasted awake with a crazy radio.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:44 AM   #3

Thanks, I haven't thought of that.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #4

I believe it might be caused by the weather alerts making it come to life, but not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UpstateNY-31FS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #5

My solution

I had the very same problem on my 31FS. After speaking to the radio manufacturer, they claimed that it was caused by a drop in voltage, even though I have the rig plugged into shore power. At their suggestion I installed a toggle switch on the power to the radio so I can just flip it off when it sets. I was worried it would come on when I was not around and run down the battery. This solution worked for me.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #6

My Solution

My wife read the owner manual (nothing us guys would do), what we found was it was a combo of the weather alerts which we turns off and not properly turn the radio off. You just can't push the button that only puts in a sleep mode. Push the button and hold it down until the little light goes out. No more gremlins.