Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

Question greyhawk 2013 31ds counter extension?

Hi,
Hoping someone knows if there IS a kitchen counter extension in the 31ds. We are getting ready to purchase the ds but there is no extension on the kitchen counter. My dealer says the model we chose doesn't have one but the brochure shows one (on this model/year) and a youtube video shows one in the ds too. It wouldn't be such an issue but there is no prep space without that extension. Is this something I have to purchase or should it already be in the mh? Any help is appreciated!
Lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #2

Our 2012 DS has a lift up counter extension on the sink wall by the pantry. It is a small extension and if you need to get into the bottom pantry door you have to put the extension down. It would have been better to put the pantry doors in the hall or made it a swing type extension or some way that you could access both pantry doors with it out. I am not sure if it is an option or standard equipment, personally I would think it would be standard equipment.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #3

Hi Troy and Jackie,

I know what you mean about the pantry doors...it's kind of strange that they didn't just turn the pantry a quarter turn and give counter space where it is sorely needed. I sure hope I can get the extension.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #4

We have it in our 2012 31DS and it came as standard equipment. We have not found it a major problem in terms of access to the cabinet. Really would not want the doors in the hallway area. BTW--this was by the far the best layout for two of us and even when we had another couple with us it worked very well. Only problem is the sliding door between the bath and bedroom. Should be a way to lock it so that if one is using it someone else won't come in from bedroom. Will probably put in a couple of hook and eyes on both side of the door.

Jim
Pocono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #5

I see your point about the cabinet opening in the hallway...tight. Good idea about the hook and eye latches on the bedroom\bath door, I've added it to our list of must haves.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #6

Our 2011 31DS came with the extension, I think it was standard then. The pantry doors are not a problem if you plan ahead.
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #7

Lakeside, we have a 2012 ds and it does have an extension on the counter that folds down for access to the pantry
cinandtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy M View Post
Our 2012 DS has a lift up counter extension on the sink wall by the pantry. It is a small extension and if you need to get into the bottom pantry door you have to put the extension down. It would have been better to put the pantry doors in the hall or made it a swing type extension or some way that you could access both pantry doors with it out. I am not sure if it is an option or standard equipment, personally I would think it would be standard equipment.
I am in need of an counter extension in my 2006 2900 Granite Ridge. Can someone please give me the measurements of the extension you are all speaking about?

If it would fit, perhaps I could order one for my Granite Ridge. Thanks!
2006 Granite Ridge 2900GS
2015 Montana High Country 345RL
cdrcos@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #9

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrcos@gmail.com View Post
I am in need of an counter extension in my 2006 2900 Granite Ridge. Can someone please give me the measurements of the extension you are all speaking about?

If it would fit, perhaps I could order one for my Granite Ridge. Thanks!
Can anyone help me out with the dimensions?

Joe
Old 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #10

I'll be going over to my motorhome this evening and get you the measurements. The extension was standard on our 2012 Greyhawk31DS but apparently is not standard on the 2014.

Jim
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #11

Checked it out on my 2012 31DS. The extension is 21 by 15.5 inches. It is secured to the counter on the 21 inch side. Hope that helps.

Jim
Old 07-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
Hi,
Hoping someone knows if there IS a kitchen counter extension in the 31ds. We are getting ready to purchase the ds but there is no extension on the kitchen counter. My dealer says the model we chose doesn't have one but the brochure shows one (on this model/year) and a youtube video shows one in the ds too. It wouldn't be such an issue but there is no prep space without that extension. Is this something I have to purchase or should it already be in the mh? Any help is appreciated!
We have a 2013 31
DS picked it up last Sept. and it was on already. I think that it is standard.
dlostyle1950@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono1 View Post
Checked it out on my 2012 31DS. The extension is 21 by 15.5 inches. It is secured to the counter on the 21 inch side. Hope that helps.

Jim
Jim,

Thanks, that does help. It looks like it would work fine for me - now I just have to find one.

Joe
Old 07-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #14

Counter extention

I know this is late, but I really would love to find an extention that would work for my 2013 31DS.

Bob
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 AM   #15

Have you checked with a local Jayco dealer? We have a 2011 we purchased used and it appears to be a factory installed item. Because it is in front of the lower pantry door we use the lower section for things we won't need too often or that we pull out and set up on arrival. When it's up we slide our waste can under it.

It may not be the best location but it beats the one we had in a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer - directly across the outside door.
dapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #16

Bob,
Do you have the solid surface counter top? If so most likely it is a LG Hi Macs.
You can find it at the here.

http://www.lghimacsusa.com/pages/114/homecenter

Check out the website to find your color sample.

I would get a quote from the home improvement places and one from Jayco to see which would be beneficial. You could call Jayco with your vin # and they can tell you the name and color of your counter top.

Hope this helps.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote