Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #21

Why we went with the ME

Late in 2015 our dealer had one of each on the lot. We spent quite a bit of time looking at both before settling on the ME. I will say, we are yet to find a perfect RV. My bride is an Interior Designer by trade and. I often comment that the RV industry should hire her to critique their designs.

We liked both of the 29 designs but in the end went with the ME because of the bigger living space. The double slide makes a huge difference in livability for us. Our need was for comfortable living space for 4 adults and a dog. We also like to entertain so often exceed those numbers.

I know some have commented on the non-existent kitchen counter space... It is definetly smaller, perhaps not by quite as much as some might believe. Behind our sink we fit utensil racks. To the right of the sink there is plenty of room for our dish rack and the deep corner on the upper counter nicely holds my full size Keurig. With the stovetop cover down, there is plenty of room for food prep. To add to my counter top space I plan to add a fold up counter to the left of the sink this year, I can't for the life of me figure out why Jayco has not already done that.

Storage was the second big seller for us. The ME has a little more storage then the MV. We liked the location. The large wardrobe in the hallway meant the kids had access to both hanging space and drawers for their clothes without coming into our bedroom. Kitchen storage is good, Including a full size pantry and a small pantry behind the sink. We added shelves in the undersink area and that essentially doubled the available storage in that space. Bathroom storage in the ME is excellent with the full width medicine chest and the linen closet beside the shower as well as undercounted space. The basement storage is a huge factor. The back hatch with it's three access doors is probably the biggest I have seen on any C Class. That being said... An honest assessment has to include that I loose a significant part of that storage to the ladder I have to carry back there.

The real challenge to any RV is picturing your family and all thier belongings in the space... Next time we are looking I am bringing my garbage bin and the dog's bowls with me just to help understand how we will really fit in the space.

We will be heading to the Toronto Spring RV show in a few weeks... We are not really in the market, but we keep looking to see if anyone has achieved the perfect RV for us

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
. My bride is an Interior Designer by trade and. I often comment that the RV industry should hire her to critique their designs.
Oh Lord - please do!

While most of the Jayco's are relatively toned-down, I've walked in some 5th wheels and wondered where the "str**per pole" was?

Poor taste is one thing - but some of these interiors are horrific!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #23

I have a 2017 MV but didn't know about the cabinet behind the bedroom TV. Thanks.
leeinmt is offline   Reply With Quote