Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #1

Greyhawk 31DS Directv Satellite on Multiple TV's

I'm looking at a Greyhawk 31DS with the Entertainment System front over the Cab, and a second TV in the Bedroom. I currently have Directv at home. I think this will work, but I was wondering if anyone has this specific scenario and setup, or if there are any suggestions.

Desire: Watch different shows on both TV's at the same time by bringing my DVR from my house into the RV when travelling.
Plan: Install a TRAV'LER DIRECTV Slimline KU/KA Dish (Roof mount), and permanently have an HD Receiver (H25-700) installed in the Bedroom. When using the RV, I will bring my HD-DVR (HR24-100) and install it in the front entertainment center, with the following hook up: Sat to DVR (Coax), DVR to Front TV (HDMI), plus DVR to Receiver at Bedroom TV (Component Video and Digital Audio). Then it should simply be a matter of plugging the DVR into power, and plugging the Sat Coax, HDMI, Component Video, and Digital Audio into the DVR, and I should be good to go.

If this will work, then for convenience, I will need to have the Component Video and Digital Audio wired from the Front Entertainment Center to the Back Bedroom.

So my questions: Will this setup work, and is the wiring already there or will I need to have my dealer install it when I order?

Thanks in advance - I'm a noob!!!
csyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csyrell View Post
I'm looking at a Greyhawk 31DS with the Entertainment System front over the Cab, and a second TV in the Bedroom. I currently have Directv at home. I think this will work, but I was wondering if anyone has this specific scenario and setup, or if there are any suggestions.

Desire: Watch different shows on both TV's at the same time by bringing my DVR from my house into the RV when travelling.
Plan: Install a TRAV'LER DIRECTV Slimline KU/KA Dish (Roof mount), and permanently have an HD Receiver (H25-700) installed in the Bedroom. When using the RV, I will bring my HD-DVR (HR24-100) and install it in the front entertainment center, with the following hook up: Sat to DVR (Coax), DVR to Front TV (HDMI), plus DVR to Receiver at Bedroom TV (Component Video and Digital Audio). Then it should simply be a matter of plugging the DVR into power, and plugging the Sat Coax, HDMI, Component Video, and Digital Audio into the DVR, and I should be good to go.

If this will work, then for convenience, I will need to have the Component Video and Digital Audio wired from the Front Entertainment Center to the Back Bedroom.

So my questions: Will this setup work, and is the wiring already there or will I need to have my dealer install it when I order?

Thanks in advance - I'm a noob!!!
I thought about it more. I realize that to simply watch two different channels, all I need to do is run one coax line from the dish to the DVR, and a second from the dish to the other HD receiver, and hook both up to their respective TV's via HDMI. My more complicated hookup is to be able to watch a DVR Recording on the second tv without having a "whole home" setup. In this case, using component video and digital audio out from the front DVR directly into the second rear TV utilizing a second input (#1 is HDMI, #2 being component). I realize I'd have to control the front DVR while watching it on the back TV and in that case, both TV's would be watching the same thing.

Am I close?
csyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #3

I have a 2012 Greyhawk 31DS and it came pre-wired for satellite. There is Coax and standard video left/right audio already run to the bedroom. I do not have the same set up that you are talking about but I believe that if you got a dish that had 2 LNB's (may be incorrect term) and a receiver that took satellite inputs, you could effectively run everything off the coax and still watch different channels in each place. If you would like PM me with your email address and I can send you the drawing I have for my set up. It is only a single receiver but i get the signal in the bedroom and outside. Drawing may point you in the right direction or at least give you a better idea of what you might need to do.