Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to WPnorton
Greyhawk 31ss Upgrades?

I really had my heart set on a Super C, but ended up with the Greyhawk 31ss. IT's a nice coach and I'm very happy with it. I've decided to update her a bit and have purchased a 26" LCD TV to replace the TUBE monster. Also adding in-dash double din navigation and DVD head unit. I'm adding a Slide out awning as well. The last item I'm contemplating is Hydraulic Leveling Jacks. One one thing I dislike the most is leveling the RV. Consequently, I was most thrilled about having the feature in a Super C. Has anyone had any major problems with a retrofit system? Is one brand better than another? Any experiences would be well received.
WPnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #2

2010 Greyhawk 31FK upgrades

You can read more background in the new members area if you choose. What I have added since purchase in September 2009 is a Roadmaster anti-sway bar and Steer Safe steering stabilizer (Roadmaster does not yet make their steering stabilizer for the 2010 model) - these were necessary due to the terrible handling of the Ford E-450! I have also added an HWH leveling system (joy stick model) and am shopping for the right kit to convert the hardwired shore line cable to a detachable hook-up. I also added a slide-out awning (same mgf as main awning) and MaxxAir Fan Mate vent covers over the bath and bedroom vents (I like to be able to leave the vents open when it rains during cool weather).
Jimmymac66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #3

We have a 2008 greyhawk 31 ss We carry 4 blocks 2 1 1/2 and 2 3inch blocks for the front tires For the back tires we bought 7500 sissor jacks and mounted them just behind the rear axle Works great and takes alot of the movement out Also so we dont forget we leave the jack wrench on the drivers floor
moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonraker View Post
We have a 2008 greyhawk 31 ss We carry 4 blocks 2 1 1/2 and 2 3inch blocks for the front tires For the back tires we bought 7500 sissor jacks and mounted them just behind the rear axle Works great and takes alot of the movement out Also so we dont forget we leave the jack wrench on the drivers floor
I have the same coach and was wondering if you could post some pics of how you mounted the jacks.... I use wood blocks and was thinking about using jacks also....

Joe
SMI Stay-IN-Play DUO
JaycoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymac66 View Post
You can read more background in the new members area if you choose. What I have added since purchase in September 2009 is a Roadmaster anti-sway bar and Steer Safe steering stabilizer (Roadmaster does not yet make their steering stabilizer for the 2010 model) - these were necessary due to the terrible handling of the Ford E-450! I have also added an HWH leveling system (joy stick model) and am shopping for the right kit to convert the hardwired shore line cable to a detachable hook-up. I also added a slide-out awning (same mgf as main awning) and MaxxAir Fan Mate vent covers over the bath and bedroom vents (I like to be able to leave the vents open when it rains during cool weather).
Thanks for the ideas. I've added a slide topper, roof vent covers for all three vents, changed the key locks to barrel locks, Tinted all the windows to reduce heat buildup and swapped out the steel wheels for Alcoa polished Aluminum. I'm working on Double Din navigation system in the dash and a indoor/outdoor 12 volt temperature sensor. The nav unit proving tough since the whole in the dash is a 1.5 din slot rather than 2 din. I'm still looking for someone to tackle the project. I'm still contemplating the HWH leveling system. It's a little pricey!
WPnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #6

I ended up ditching the manual roof mounted Wineguard sat dish and went with a QuCube 2000. I've been told there allot more flexible as far as positioning. We'll see.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymac66 View Post
We have just picked up our new 2011 31FK Greyhawk. I am interested in knowing how you like your Steer Safe steering stabilizer? Also I am planning on the Roadmaster Anti-Sway bars. From what I can see from their web site it looks like I will be putting them on both the front and back. I am assuming the Anti-Sway bar up front does not do what the Steer Safe steering stabilizer does. I had the Roadmaster Suspension system applied to my 2005 Chevy Suburban when I was towing our T.T. and was very happy with them. Do you have a toad vehicle? If so whose tow bar are you using? Since I have been so happy with the Roadmaster Suspension System I feel they make all superior products. Also what are you experiencing with stones and rocks on the road? Are you using mud flaps,etc.?
Bob
hubbscaps is offline   Reply With Quote