Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2016, 08:45 PM   #1

Greyhawk Auto Leveler Control

Picked up motorhome from winter storage today and Auto-Level system warned that jacks were down but were not. Once we got home we wanted to invetigate further and noticed no power to control panel on coach battery. Is this by design and either gen or shore-power is needed for leveler panel to work? Did note that panel has power (with warning) when ignition is switched to Aux. We have the Equalizer Systems keypad #3103 which I believe is standard in all 2015 Greyhawks.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #2

Coach Battery could be low or dead ?
fred639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #3

The switches on the jacks are a known problem. You'll notice the switches on the side of the jacks with the pins that are resting on top of the foot at the bottom of the jack. Those switches don't make sometimes and need a bit of help. Go around and slide something (like a knife blade) under each jack until you discover the one that didn't quite make.

This happened to me once, I figured out which jack switch it was and it hasn't failed since.

When you get a chance, run your jacks out manually a bit, then retract them and see if the problem is still there.

Not sure I understand your battery problem. Your explanation doesn't quite make sense to me. You'll have to clarify the problem.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #4

For now the MH is not hooked up to shore power and coach only running on battery. Coach battery is 3/4 full. Problem is when you select the master power button on leveling control pad, nothing happens as if no power to pad. My question was if this is by design or must there be shore power connect or running gen for keypad to work?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:51 AM   #5

No, at least on my Bigfoot levelers they run off the house battery. I find that that almost all the time when I use the "Auto" retract at least on of the feet do not trip the switches. I have to use the "retract" button (right under the "Auto" on my panel) to bring them up until they are completely up.

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #6

Like previously said, maybe your house battery is too low to power the levelers. If you don't have shore power available you can run the genset. If the genset won't start because the house battery is too low you can use the battery boost button on the dash of the MH for assistance.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Had that problem with the Bigfoot alarm falsely indicating a jack wasn't up. First time was on I-40 at 60 mph. Scared the mess out of us.

Our remedy was simple.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
Wyn

The Bigfoot levelers have been a problem since new. I have had the pump/valve assembly replaced under warranty, they work a little better now (quieter and faster) but I still get a false 'leveler not up alarm' periodically. When I retract, first I use the 'Auto Retract' button, then the 'Emergency Retract' for about 3 seconds, this has done the trick regarding the false alarms. Now one of the jacks only deploys about 4" and then stops. It goes back to the dealer in a few days.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #9

Well the keypad panel is dead. No power with gen or on 110. It does light/alarm when ignition is on, so think there must be a loose/cut wire behind. We had the pull-out drawer/cabinet unit latch beefed up last fall during a maintenance visit and think they must have cut or loosened the wiring behind unit in the process. Plus we also noticed the keypad panel was not screwed tight to the cabinet so think maybe they removed the keypad cover to gain access to back of cabinet. Anyone know what fuse services this keypad panel? Just want to rule this out before we call for servicing. Did check the fuse for the main control panel above and OK.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #10

A finally update, and an embarrassing one. As a newbie, I had hooked up one of the battery wires to the wrong terminal. I had removed the battery last fall for indoor storage before putting MH in cold storage. Once out of storage put battery back in and 'thought' I knew what cables went to each terminal. Didn't realize that 3 of the 4 went to + and 1 went to -. Thought it was split 2 & 2. Needless to say the dealer service guy chuckled with me on the phone and basically said "Newbie... eh?". All is well now and of course will put red tape on the + wires going forward.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #11

Thank you for the resolution report. It's always nice to know the final resolution on these problems.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:25 AM   #12

Jack, glad you figured it out. I'm sure everyone on here has done something like that, probably on multiple occasions. Great job troubleshooting and rectifying your issue!
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #13

My big feet acted wacky and snapped black flush pvc feed. Anyway turns out if there is no 12volt for any reason it may need 0 reset yada yada..i think its just unscrew panel on wall un plug and replug. In my case terminal at house battery had play and dealer addressed reset but pretty sure its just unplug and replug
thecampingcat is offline   Reply With Quote