Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #1

Greyhawk Quality

I was curious if there was a good year bad year Greyhawk model Class C ? Mine is a 09 but as far a Amish craftsmanship you hear about on these do not think so, but built way better than a person I know that has a Coachman he has had nothing but problems
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:08 AM   #2

Happy Campers

One of the reasons we went with the Greyhawk was we felt the build quality was superior to other brands we looked at. We were actually close to signing for a Forest River product and went to look at the Greyhawk just for comparison. Once we got inside we were sold, it was simply a matter of picking a floor plan.

Build quality was actually the main reason we were actually looking in the first place. Our Sunset Trail TT was an amazing floor plan... But so many parts were poorly built that we did not think it would withstand the rigours of our family.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #3

I looked at several Winnies but the price was quite a bit more on every one we looked at.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

I owned a 2013 Minnie Winnie. In my opinion it was a complete chintzy piece of garbage. Cabinetry, cushion quality, coach ride/driveability, EVERYTHING. If there was a shortcut that could be taken, Winnebago took it on that model line. They are truly rental grade entry level coaches as far as I'm concerned. They didn't even come with a digital thermostat for heaven's sake; we're not talking a 20k Coleman travel trailer this is a 90k motorhome !! Water heater bypass; nope. Plastic water fixtures? Check. I could go on and on ...

Give me a break ...

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #5

Tell us how you really feel Jopopsy!!
Colorado Springs, CO
JDSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #6

2017 29MV - Nothing but problems straight from factory!

Sadly, I too, thought Jayco quality was top notch. I spent 3 years researching, shopping, talking with other RVers about their brand RVs and touching the materials, etc. in many at five RV shows and three different visits per year to dealers before I bought a 184BH (April, 2014).

I traded that in 10 months later for a 24FBS (May, 2015) which I loved. Both had problems in quality control, but minor stuff (screws/hinges loose, falling out so dinette seating under storage doors don't stay closed; shower fitting leaks, etc.).

In May, 2016 I traded in the 24FBS (I really loved it) for a 29MV (time to get to a motorhome and make my life getting into campsites easier).

During my walkthrough, the service tech and I noted a failure of the service folks to properly prep the unit and I waited 2 hours for that to be done (mostly cosmetic stuff).

The tech explained things to me but did not try everything out (I assumed they had done so) BIG Mistake.

I left the dealer with the unit and went to a campsite. There I learned the refrigerator did not work - Bad weekend.

The dealer looked at it over a period of 3 days and told me it will be 6-8 weeks to get a replacement cooling coil from Jayo/Norcold, plus time to get on the dealer's service schedule.

Meanwhile I have to pay the bank loan for the unit.

Two weeks ago, I found out the tankless water heater doesn't work (I look at all of the videos and read lost of posts and know what to do and not do and I know its a defective unit, not a defective operator).

I also learned the water pump doesn't work.

I have to wait until next week for the dealer to look at them. Then, it'll be another 60-8 weeks for parts from Jayco, plus time to get on the dealer's service schedule.

Not only do I not have the 29MV while it sits at the dealer or in my storage space awaiting repair and parts, it costs me $30 each way ($60 total) for Uber fare to and from the dealer to drop off and pick up the unit to be looked at and eventually repaired.

Jayco quality control SUCKS! Good quality stuff, but piss poor check of parts and final workmanship before a unit goes on its way.

I realize Jayco didn't make the refrigerator or tankless water heater (STUPID System BTW - can't mix hot water with cold water or you get a COLD shower - they should have keep the old water heaters - far less problems and more happy customers), but they should do Quality Check on them.

My dealer (Valley RV Superstore) adds to my pain by not checking the unit 100% before they gave it to me and making me wait so long for service.

With just 3 months of Summer, my unit will be out of service June and July - two of three months at least and that means I'll have paid the bank load three payments and not gotten the benefit of a fully operational unit during any of the three months I'll have had it while awaiting repair.

I should be entitled to some type of refund for not having the unit operational and my time/cab fare.

No wonder Jayco has a 2 year warranty - it may take that long to get the problems worked out and fixed!

Not a happy motorhome camper by any stretch of the imagination!
nyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #7

I ran into another Greyhawk owner while traveling thru PA who had a problem that took his new MH out of commission for a summer month. He told me that he complained to Jayco customer service and they made a payment on his loan! My experience with Jayco CS has been good. I had almost no issues with my 29MV, but I need to get collision work done. They recommended an auto body shop Jayco uses when they have too much work to handle. I got the work done in Indiana and Jayco also fixed a shower leak while it was there (in Indiana). I am thrilled at the work that was done. Let Jayco know of your displeasure. Sorry for your problems and good luck.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #8

Hello Nyer,
We picked up our new 2016 29MV and failed to check everything over - the tech doing the delivery was not very useful on explaining things and we assumed stuff would work. We thought Jayco must have some decent level of QA at the factory so we drove away and figured we were figure out how things work.

Over all, the unit has been ok but we did have a check engine light come on during our first outing . A Ford dealership we were pointed to diagnosed a "stuck" purge valve. Right now we're waiting for the part to be R & Red.

I guess the biggest problem has been trying to learn how things work. For instance, there was no manual for the Jensen in-dash system so we're in the process of figuring out how to use all the features it has.

I hope things get better for you.
Dangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:02 PM   #9

Over all, our 2016 Greyhawk 29MV has been good. One of the rails of the pull-out countertop had to be reattached and we're in the process of getting a "check engine" light problem repaired. Early indication is a stuck purge valve so we're hoping that fixes it. Running at 50-55 through New England earned us 11 MPG on the trip - I'm pretty happy with that.
Dangerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #10

Sweet Spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
Over all, our 2016 Greyhawk 29MV has been good. One of the rails of the pull-out countertop had to be reattached and we're in the process of getting a "check engine" light problem repaired. Early indication is a stuck purge valve so we're hoping that fixes it. Running at 50-55 through New England earned us 11 MPG on the trip - I'm pretty happy with that.
And I thought I had hit the sweet spot with 8.75 MPG @ 60 miles per hour! You did great!!

Cheers!!
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #11

2018 Greyhawk 31 fs

How does the power management system work when you have 2 a/c. Will it automatically drop out certain items when needed ? And can you set it to not drop out the certain things ? Thanks
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #12

it has its own shedule of what to shut down
Steve1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
How does the power management system work when you have 2 a/c. Will it automatically drop out certain items when needed ? And can you set it to not drop out the certain things ? Thanks
The EMS in the allante and Entegra Vision is setup to drop out the water heater, then the fridge, then the rear ac, then the front ac in that order assuming the load continues to exceed the selected input amperage. To my knowledge the choice of order is not user programmable. Also, the EMS allows you to set the input amperage from 30 to 20 to 15amp depending on your input connection and will begin shedding when the load crosses the input amperage. It actually works well and when one item is shed it will say so on the panel. It will stay off about 30-60 seconds after the load reduces then power that item back up. I’ve not had mine shed anything more than the first item the water heater. That happened while running both ACs and the DW used her 2000W (no joke) hair dryer. She’s a hair-dresser, so no ordinary blow dryer would do.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #14

I am generally very happy with my 2017 31FS. I had a couple little bugs I fixed, one of which was foam in the dinette and couch was too soft. I took it to a local auto upholstery shop and had the foam upgraded and it's much better. Otherwise, everything works great, but even though, I still have the class A bug and may get one. Maybe I'll regret that, and wish I had the Greyhawk back.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:11 PM   #15

Garmin

How do you get the side view cameras to work ? Thanks for your help...
Old 02-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #16

Ive only taken about 7 trips so far, so I need to be. more familiar myself. But it's controlled from the menu section on the dash screen. I generally leave it on the back cam, but when you use the turn signal I think it switches to that particular side mirror.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #17

2018 Greyhawk 31fs

Does the dashboard Garmin radio run off the house battery or engine battery ?