Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2015, 06:08 PM   #1

Greyhawk with Jensen Radio poor AM FM reception

I have a new 2015 Greyhawk 31FK with a Jensen radio in it. It has has poor to no AM FM radio reception since day one. Dealer replaced the antenna, wires to the antenna and the radio itself. The reception is no better now than before. Now the thinking is it is possible interference from something in the Motor Home. Even with everything turned of in the house portion the reception is still terrible. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did they do to correct it?

Thanks,
Bill
wsherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #2

Do you have reception with just the auxiliary turned on before the engine is turned over?
CKinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #3

NO!
wsherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #4

Then I've got nothing.
CKinsella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #5

I found since day 1 that my reception on the Jensen unit in my 2015 Greyhawk... Sucked. I assumed from the beginning that it is the nature of the product... Jensen is not exactly a premier car audio manufacturer. Although I wonder if antenna location also presents challenges. Could a trucker style mirror antenna improve reception??? Maybe!

One of the probllems is that little box has been designed to do way to many things so it is not easily replaceable. I never wasted my time with the crappy built in GPS and we use bluetooth to our phones for most of our road music.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:37 AM   #6

I had reception problem in my 2017 Greyhawk 26Y. After 3rd time in the shop, come to find out there was a crimp in the antenna cable. I was told by a Jensen tech when installed Jayco probably left the antenna cable coiled up. It is best to straighten it out. Reception has been great ever since.
Swabbievet is offline   Reply With Quote