Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #1

Grille Screen E450

Hi Everyone,
We have a 2015 29 me with the E450 chassis. I am looking for some screens to install behind my grille and the large opening on the front bumper. The area is wide open to rocks bugs etc. with an aluminum radiator and trans cooler in a prone position for an easy puncture. I googled black 1/4" hardware cloth thinking I may just get a large piece and cut it to fit. Did not have much luck finding any. Something precut or made to fit would be even better. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought I remember seeing a thread regarding this but could not find one on a search.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #2

You can get the hardware cloth at the old fashioned hardware store, never found it a big box stores. I used that for my bee box building and just yesterday was thinking of same thing on my Greyhawk a big hole for a rock. those bug screens cut down air flow the hardware cloth flows more freely.
che57vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:37 AM   #3

Just buy the galvanized at home depot and paint it Black, much cheaper way to do it.
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote