Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2016, 06:19 PM   #11

Two ways to check if you have a heat pump. First look at the settings on your thermostat. If you see electric heat, then you have a heat pump. Second way is to go to Jayco site. Look up brochure for your year and model of Greyhawk. I'm sure that heat pump or underfloor heating would be listed if it was included in your MH.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:30 PM   #12

we may be splitting hairs, but I didn't think my 2016 31FK has a "heat pump" - I thought it was more like resistive strip heat (like a big hair dryer). I need to re-read the manual.

IIRC - there are only 3 vents in ours. One in the kitchen, one in the bath "hallway" and one in the master.

It stays warm enough.

Just looked at the manual for our Coleman Mach 8 15000. It's got a heating element.

pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #13

Red face

PConroy,
On about page 139 of the 2016 Greyhawk owners manual the heat pump is mentioned . Do you think it is really not a heat pump? I thought it is, but what do I know?

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-Camper View Post
PConroy,
On about page 139 of the 2016 Greyhawk owners manual the heat pump is mentioned . Do you think it is really not a heat pump? I thought it is, but what do I know?
You probably know a helluva lot more than I do!!!

On our first RV, a 2008 Coachmen, I read the whole 200 page manual and thought - "Wow what a waste of paper!"

Before we grabbed the Greyhawk I downloaded the manual and didn't find it much more specific. So I spent a hour and hit all of the manufacturers websites and downloaded the product specific manuals.

Muuuuuuuuuuch better.

So that's where I picked up the heat strip thing on our Coleman Mach 8 AC unit. That sucker sucks the amps when it's heating! We used it once when temps dropped into the low 50's to take the chill off. But any colder and I go straight to the propane eatin' furnace!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 AM   #15

I have a 2017 Greyhawk 29MV, it has three heat vents along the floor (kitchen, bath and bedroom) that blow out when the gas heat is on. THey work great and will get the coach up to 80 degrees easily. I also have electric heat pump that can be turned on separate or while the gas heat is on as well. the electric heat pump blows out the same ceiling vents as the A/C but does not heat as well as the gas heat.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote