Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2016, 11:10 AM   #1

Heat vents

We are currently looking to buy a Jayco Greyhawk 31DS. We are wondering if anyone in this forum has a 2016 31DS. Do you have any heating issues? We noticed that there is a vent in the bath and one right by the entry door. Talked to the dealer this morning and he said there is another vent that is in the bedroom right across from the bathroom vanity through the wall. So with the 3 vents in mind do you think it heats ok? We currently have a 34' fiver and it has two floor vents in the living area and one in hallway and one in bath and one more in bedroom. We understand that with slides and not good r value in the slides and cold floors, heating can be difficult. We understand that. We are just trying to get a feel for how the 31DS has for heat circulation. Thanks, Bill

3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #2

Are you sure there aren't any vents along the bottom of the galley cabinetry or anything like that? Doesn't seem like near enough vents to me.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:59 PM   #3

heat vents

Thanks for your reply and yes it only has 3 vents. I had called the dealer that we are working with and he verified the vents.
Thanks, Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #4

I would look for some youtube videos of that model and see if you can find some vents by paying close attention. Pause often. See if you find any more.

Maybe somebody else with that model will chime in to help you out.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

We have an older 31DS, 2011, and have just returned from the cold of Utah, Mesquite, AZ and Las Vegas - where night time temps were down to 32 deg. No problem with the propane heater keeping us warm. Usually turned it up in the morning and the MH warmed up quickly. I haven't counted the vents but however many they kept us warm. I may just count them tomorrow although I think heat output is more dependent on the BTU capability of the heater.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:01 AM   #6

Dont forget that your AC unit is also a heat pump. So if you keep your thermostat on electric heat it will run the heat pump and push heat thru your ceiling vents. If it is very cold the gas furnace will kick on and push heat out the floor vents.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:11 PM   #7

We have a 2015 31DS and we have no problems with the heat. The heat pump doesn't work well if the outside temp goes below 40 degrees. The propane heat works good. We did have a problem with the propane heat defaulting to 72 degrees but Jayco fixed that with an isolation relay. The coldest we have been out has been 28. Good luck

Rick and Janet Harris
2015 Greyhawk 31DS
tow 2014 Honda CRV

rickyd53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhawk01 View Post
Dont forget that your AC unit is also a heat pump.

We have a 2013 Greyhawk 31FS - would our A/C have a heat pump? Do they all have one? We have always just used the propane furnace when heading back north.
CanucksVenturingSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksVenturingSouth View Post
We have a 2013 Greyhawk 31FS - would our A/C have a heat pump? Do they all have one? We have always just used the propane furnace when heading back north.
We have the Redhawk 31xl and have been camping in Tahoe the last few days running our furnace on electric. Our heat just comes out via the floor vents, we have 4. Nothing coming out from the ceiling a/c unit. These seem to be two seperate units.
True Romance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:35 PM   #10

I read on another forum that 4 vents means the underflooring is not heated. If you have less see if it is the winterized package, if so, the underfloor is heated.

Absolut is offline   Reply With Quote