Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #1

Help!!! FS31 Greyhawk Maiden Voyage - GPS / Radio out

Just picked up our FS31 today, this evening 70+ miles on maiden voyage after everything seemed to be working fine, the GPS said turn left, when I hit left turn signal screen went blank, no power.... Will not do anything... Checked all small fuses under hood and drivers floorboard and are ok. Any ideas? Could it be one of the larger block looking fuses?

We're still heading to Pittsburg just no gps or radio.... Dealerr service dept and jayco factory out when called. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.....
kpmdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #2

Is there an in-line fuse?

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #3

If it is like my 2010. Behind the battery box are 2 fuses. I believe that it is the forward fuse. When you buy a replacement fuse buy more than one. I have replaced mine twice and was told by the tech it is very common issue.
Riplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #4

No luck finding any blown fuses. Dropped unit off at dealer yesterday with a list of needed repairs found on the maiden voyage. Hopefully Radio/GPS/Cameras along with the other items will be taken care of in a timely manner.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #5

Sorry I didnt explain very well. Behind the house battery. Hope they get it fixed for you
Riplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #6

Same problem with our 2011 31DS. Dealer said unit was bad, 3-5 weeks for a replacement. It's been 4 weeks, still waiting. I think I will check to see if there are fuses behind the house battery.
fidalgo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #7

Thought I would give an update.... Took the motorhome to dealer after returning from maiden voyage, been there the last 2 1/2 weeks.... Had a punch list of several small items along with the GPS / Radio problem. They did find a bad fuse located near the house battery as Riplin described, it was a 7 amp fuse near the battery disconnect solenoid behind the house battery. They had to take the motorhome to a Ford Warranty repair place to find out why the check engine light was on, while on the way the radio went out again on them. The dealer said they called Jayco to see what they recommend be done to solve the GPS / Radio fuse problem, Jayco told them to replace the battery disconnect solenoid that it may be shorting out causing the fuse to blow. Hopefully they got the motorhome back today from the Ford repair, they found a bad O2 sensor causing the check engine light to stay on, they were waiting on sensor to come in to replace which was supposed to be completed today. I'm hoping that replacing the battery disconnect solenoid will solve the GPS / radio fuse problem. The keyless entry on the coach door is powered by the same power source so it goes out when the radio does as well. Have trip planned this weekend so I'm anxious to get the motorhome back hopefully with all problems taken care of. The dealer has been great to work with, they addressed the punch list quickly, it seems the delay with getting the motor home back has been with getting the Ford work completed.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #8

I took delivery of our 2012 31FS last Friday. The GPS unit was out. All other radio functions worked. Called Jayco and a service tech walked me through locating it and testing it. Unit is faulty and they are shipping me a new one to see if this is in fact the cure. Super simple, it is double stick taped to the passenger side, up behind the kick panel. One antenae connection and one multi-pinned connection. Anyone could do this change out.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #9

Welcome to the JOF, TX_Arvee. Stop over to the New Members forum and say howdy.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote