Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #21

Kozanne, the 29ks unit is the one I'm looking at. How do you like the outdoor kitchen?
So what your saying is you can't have the tank heater on and run the slide out at the same time?
Keep us posted on what you find out.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up North View Post
Kozanne, the 29ks unit is the one I'm looking at. How do you like the outdoor kitchen?
So what your saying is you can't have the tank heater on and run the slide out at the same time?
Keep us posted on what you find out.
I didn't get the outdoor kitchen option.

Yep, that's the latest theory of why the main slideout blows fuses. I'll keep you posted after my next trip!

I know I"m tired of me and hubby banging our heads together when we're on the floor swapping out fuses!
kozanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozanne View Post
I didn't get the outdoor kitchen option.

Yep, that's the latest theory of why the main slideout blows fuses. I'll keep you posted after my next trip!

I know I"m tired of me and hubby banging our heads together when we're on the floor swapping out fuses!
We just got back from a trip, did not turn on the tank heater....the slideout worked just fine!

Looks like the front slide out and the tank heater are wired on the same circuit.....

Now we know.
Old 10-31-2015, 01:11 AM   #24

Jayco should be ashamed with the holding tank heater situation....wires dangling down every whch way..totally sloppy work..our new 15 Greyhawk 29MV and all the other Greyhawks were just as bad.......
the 12v. heating solution is just a piece of crap to put it mildly....boondock one night and kill your battery....
had our shop tie up the wires but too many of them are still exposed...btw the mice love to eat the wires...
Put in two 6v. golf cart batteries also..the one anemic 12v. would not last two nights boondocking....
Love other parts of our Jayco...but this tank heater thing is a total Joke...
Old 11-04-2015, 08:16 PM   #25

Yeah, I don't think we'll be too much of a cheerleader on the tank heater. So....given that most of the opinions I've read are that the tank heater is little more than a gimmick, what does one do when they get to a place where the altitude is high enough for the black or grey tanks to freeze? A few years back, before we bought our own motorhome, we took a trip with our son and his family to Show Low for Thanksgiving......he had a fifth wheel. Black water tank froze and he had to drive back from Show Low to Phoenix with a full tank and then look for a dump station in the Valley once everything 'thawed'.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #26

I think if on shore power hooked up to 110v running the tank heaters would be ok so as not to suck house batteries dry....but at places like Show-Low...or boondocking in freezing weather the only other thing to do is leave the onboard generator on....or use supplemental generator on house system....We carry a Honda 2000 for backup..but we have not camped in minus degree weather with our new Greyhawk...
Hauling a full black water tank would not concern me, carry full or almost full tanks to me is no big deal till I find a dump station.
This tank solution from Jayco is very mickey mouse....and cheap to say the least in my opinion...
Our old 93 Southwind A had all the tanks and plumbing up in enclosed areas...
This is my # 1 complaint about our Greyhawk...but everything is a compromise in buying a RV, and other makes with enclosed tanks etc. seemed to have a litany of other problems, some pretty serious....
So if I have to run the gen-set to be safe on extreme cold nights, so be it....