Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
WDW

Hose Tube

I wanted to share my mod for a sewer hose holder large enough for the fittings made from a 5 in. vinyl fence post.

The fence post and the end caps where the easy part. One end I secured the cap with screws the other end I hinged and put a small hasp. I actually cut about 6 inches off the fence post so it was not the full length of "the bumper". That leaves some room to step up on the bumper when using the ladder access to the roof without actually stepping on the tube that holds the hose.

Painting it black is also the easy part however the big challenge then became how do I attach it . I looked high, I look low, I look wide, and far! I found some really nice installation pictures from other sites were someone mounted underneath and cut an access door and another one put it in parallel to the wheels under the undercarriage. How labor I decided simply mounting it to the rear bumper was quick easy and a lot less work.

I wanted four square U bolt large enough to mount it. At first I was frustrated and was unable to locate any of them through reasonable sources and hardware stores in all of western New York. So I decided to use heavy duty electrical ties and some pipe metal straps. It really didn't look as nice as I wanted so I kept my search. Through my search I found a company in Buffalo New York called Brute Springs. They are heavy duty truck spring shackles custom manufacturing shop and there are two guys there by the name of Mike and Kevin who are absolutely awesome. They said they do some RV suspension work but not as often as they handle big trucks. They were able to make me four of which I only used two 5 inch x 10 in. U bolts with brackets and locking nuts. It's made from half-inch stock. The threaded end is about 5 inches on the backside.

Once painted and with a couple of brused nuckles from the tight space of thigtening down the nuts I have what I think is a nice-looking installation.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #2

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes the simple improvements are the most daunting.
Stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:26 PM   #3

Great looking mod that appears to be functional.

Question: Do I have the only rhino flex hose that fits in the OE bumper? The only part that does not fit is the elbow. I see a lot of mods to accommodate the sewer hose and wonder if some of you use a larger hose. Is there different size hoses? I am still a newbie. It has almost been 2 yrs. of camper ownership so.... I guess I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTripperS View Post

Question: Do I have the only rhino flex hose that fits in the OE bumper? The only part that does not fit is the elbow. I see a lot of mods to accommodate the sewer hose and wonder if some of you use a larger hose. Is there different size hoses? I am still a newbie. It has almost been 2 yrs. of camper ownership so.... I guess I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the help.
This mod is on my list. Historically I have used the bumper, but now I want to get rid cheapy camco sewer hose support and use a coue 5' sections of 4" rain vinyl rain gutter to support and pitch the sewer hose. There is no way to keep both the rain gutter and sewer hose in the bumper. The 5" fence post will, so that solves the problem of hose/gutter storage plus frees up space in pass through storage where the camco currently rides.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTripperS View Post

Hey Jay, I'm with you. my hose fits all except elbow. I put that in a bucket. ......just saying

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote