Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #21

Any possibility that you are out of propane? or a blockage in the line? Check by firing up one of your burners on the stove.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #22

Stuck Solenoid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shultz01 View Post
Yep. Mine doesn't have the reset button either. I turned it off overnight and still no power today when I tried it.
Hi Andy,
This might sound crazy, but mine did the same thing this weekend. Having been a boater for 20 years, I have fixed many a stuck solenoids in my time. If you have the Gen 3 Girard tankless (or some Gen 2's), they do not have a reset button. The Gen 3's solenoids are on the left side of the unit just behind the main circuit board. Turn on the water heater, have someone inside turn on the hot water. When you hear the ticking of the piezo ignition, take a wrench or the end of a screwdriver and tap on the solenoids. Keep tapping until you see the flame ignite. I hope this fixes your problem as it is a simple one! Good luck!
Joe

JH
Tampa Bay
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME
0and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:12 PM   #23

All the burners on the stove, my Camp Chef grill and the refrigerator work on propane.

The sail switch works too.

Here's the picture I sent Jayco of my unit that has no Reset button.

I've got Jayco looking into it now as it's under warranty.

I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2757.jpg  
Toads: 2014 Ford Explorer or 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Shultz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #24

Quote:
All the burners on the stove, my Camp Chef grill and the refrigerator work on propane.

The sail switch works too.

Here's the picture I sent Jayco of my unit that has no Reset button.

I've got Jayco looking into it now as it's under warranty.

I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks.
All of the other gas appliances worked in my Greyhawk as well. It was just the tankless that did not. The pic is def not a Gen 3 Girard. I'd still give the solenoid a tap as it controls the gas flow into the tankless burner!! Also, do you hear the ticking of the piezo's as you are trying to run the hot water? If not then it's electrical. A whole different beast!
Good luck!
Joe

JH
Tampa Bay
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME
Old 06-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #25

Yep. I hear the clicking. Now there's no blower now like there used to be when I try it to see if it will work. Just the clicking.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #26

Hooked up a new water heater. Same thing. Clicking, no red light, no ignition. I guess it's not getting propane? How could the frig and stove be getting propane and not the water heater?
Old 06-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #27

Okay. Thinking it may be the gas I checked that. It's getting gas. I check the electrical and there's NO power. All the fuses are good on the fuse/circuit breaker panel by the bed. Now what? It there an in-line fuse somewhere? It says in the manual that it is protected by an 10A fuse, but I don't see on the panel.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Okay. Thinking it may be the gas I checked that. It's getting gas. I check the electrical and there's NO power. All the fuses are good on the fuse/circuit breaker panel by the bed. Now what? It there an in-line fuse somewhere? It says in the manual that it is protected by an 10A fuse, but I don't see on the panel.
Hi Andy,
Sorry to hear that you're still having problems. On mine, there is an inline (at the tankless) glass fuse. The pic below shows mine. Also, if you still suspect it might be the gas, the solenoids are below and just behind where the fuse is. They can absolutely stick closed and a couple of taps will do the trick.
Good luck,
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Tankless2.jpg  

JH
Tampa Bay
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME
Old 06-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #29

It was the fuse panel position that the water heater was using. I didn'y think it was an issue because the bunk DVD players share that connection. However, when I moved the water heater to an open position it started working. OMG. Who woulda thunk?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #30

Quote:
It was the fuse panel position that the water heater was using. I didn'y think it was an issue because the bunk DVD players share that connection. However, when I moved the water heater to an open position it started working. OMG. Who woulda thunk?
Woohooooo! Enjoy your hot water showers!! 👍 👍 ♨

Joe
Old 11-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #31

Gerards generation 2 water heater

It worked last week, went out again and it clicks like it’s trying to light the propane. We looked everywhere for a reset switch none to be found on the gen 2. We watched the utube video but that appears to be a gen 1 water heater. Girards replaced our gen one as they couldn’t get it to work. We’ve only used this gen 2 two or three times, worked ok, but then we went to use while out for two weeks and it won’t light. As I said, we have checked everywhere for a reset button, I’m sure there is one but we can’t find it, any suggestions for the second generation water heater, where it is located. We called girards, their tech support guy just was trying to sell us all kinds of replacement parts. All he would say is bleed line (all other propane items work fine and are on). Propane tank is full, but it won’t light. He just wanted us to buy a regulator, and other parts. Let’s just say, he was absolutely no help. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Retired mountain folk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired mountain folk View Post
It worked last week, went out again and it clicks like it’s trying to light the propane. We looked everywhere for a reset switch none to be found on the gen 2. We watched the utube video but that appears to be a gen 1 water heater. Girards replaced our gen one as they couldn’t get it to work. We’ve only used this gen 2 two or three times, worked ok, but then we went to use while out for two weeks and it won’t light. As I said, we have checked everywhere for a reset button, I’m sure there is one but we can’t find it, any suggestions for the second generation water heater, where it is located. We called girards, their tech support guy just was trying to sell us all kinds of replacement parts. All he would say is bleed line (all other propane items work fine and are on). Propane tank is full, but it won’t light. He just wanted us to buy a regulator, and other parts. Let’s just say, he was absolutely no help. Any suggestions? Thanks.

You say Gen 2 but I want to be sure. Because I have the Gen 2 and there is a reset switch. I've had to press it 3 or 4 times over the years.

Girard made 3 generations.

If you've got a dial that controls the temperature, like me, then that's a Gen 2.
If you've got a control panel with a digital display, then that's Gen 3.

And yeah, Girard calls there 3rd model GSWH-2.
Annoying...

Anyway if you DON'T have the digital display then I'm confident there's that reset button.

If you do - did you see this PDF?

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com...TING_-_R_R.pdf