Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

How to get Sirius option to work on the Clarion radio in a 2013 Greyhawk?

Hello out there, I have a new 2013 Greyhawk 31FK. While I was playing with the radio/nav system today I realized that
the radio seemed to have Sirius radio option on it. I have been trying to figure out how to get the Sirius ID from the radio
so I can call Sirius and start a subscription.
The dealer didn't point this option out on the delivery day.

Has anyone out there had any experience getting their radio working with Sirius?

Thank you.

Robb Strawson
robbonon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #2

With XM, you tune the XM radio to channel "0" and the radio displays the radio ID; maybe its the same for Sirius? Does your radio have a Sirius antenna?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

Thank you for the quick reply. I had already tried the channel "0" input and no ID came up. Not sure about the antenna, I am assuming
it might as the radio has a gps and it works fine. Also when you call up the menu page, only the radio options that are available on the radio
light up, and the Sirius/XM is one that lights up.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #4

Some radio units are "satellite ready" but don't have all the equipment required to actually be a satellite radio; there may be another electronic box that needs to be installed. Did your dealer give you a stack of manuals and instructions? Maybe a manual for your radio was included. Or, if you know the model number of the radio, maybe you could download a manual from the internet.

Maybe someone who has this radio will post and clue us in.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #5

That is one thing that erked me as well. The dealer did not activate the free Sirrus/XM trial period on our unit. In the pile of docs and books you will find a rather thick radio owners manual. It should be in there how to access the ID. This is just one of many things my dealer did not adequately do on the walk through prep when I purchased.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #6

Thank you again, yes I did all that, read manual, tried the download etc and nothing. Plan d is to contact the dealer, unfortunately I am in Canada and they are in Cincinnati.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #7

I went through this two years ago and what I could not figure out is how to install the antenna on top of the Greyahwk in a professional manner with out tearing out the interior walls, no such luck. Yes the radio is "satellite ready" but getting the antenna installed is impossible. My dealer also had no clue about the radio.
Finally just gave up and plug in the iPod and listen to music.
Jayco sould just install the whole system "complete" system.
If you find away let us know.

Jim
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #8

what is the model number of your Clarion?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #9

Website says to go to the Sirrius screen, press the [key] to display the keypad, Enter "0" and press "Ok" this will display the radio id.
If this does not bring up a radio ID, it may not have the module connected. Look on top of your coach, near the front cap seem between the front cap and rear section. the antennae should be there. If you do not have one there, the module may not have been installed. If the antennae is there, you may have a bad module connected to the radio.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #10

I think you will find that the radio is XM/SIRIUS ready which means you can add the XM/SIRIUS receiver and antenna. It does not normally come with the motorhome. It is cheaper to buy the XM xpress or similar you can then buy a 2nd vehicle kit and use it in the motorhome and your toad or another car since you don't drive both at the same time.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #11

I'm having the same problem with a 2013 Greyhawk 31ds. You have to buy an xm turner and add that to the Clarion system. I found the tuner on line for about $42. A local auto audio store says that they will install it for $80. Haven't gotten around to doing it yet. The audio store did tell me that they have to install the antenna somewhere out towards the front of the hood in order to get reception. I think that Jayco could do a lot better job of explaining to new buyers that the xm radio is not going to work until a further investment is made.
Warumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #12

I have a 2012 31DS. I knew that I had to buy the add on unit, but I was not aware that a separate antenna was required. Jayco told me that the unit gets placed in the kick plate in front of the passenger door but I have been unable to figure out how to do that.
Pocono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #13

The dealer "invoice" for the Sirius system on my 2012 listed the price as $350.....the nav system as $564.... What a bargain for two systems I dont even use....
Glad I ignored the invoice prices...
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #14

XM

I just installed an xm express and RTVd the antenna on the roof. Running the antenna wire was kinda rough. In the end I decided not to make it a permanent type installation. I bought white duck tape and secured the wire to the side of the rig.
John1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #15

Just finished the XM radio process on my Greyhawk 31DS. Had to buy a Sirius SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner from Amazon. Cost $41.14 with shipping. Took the tuner and RV to the local car audio store. They installed the tuner for $60.00 Because of the cab overhang they installed the Sirius antenna button way out on the left front corner of the hood. The installation is a good professional job and the radio is working very well. I had some doubt whether or not the SCC1 tuner package had all of the right connection cords for the Clarion system. I'm glad to say that it did.
I hope that the above helps.
Good luck.
Warumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #16

I installed the SCC1 in my Greyhawk 31FK myself. If you remove the doghouse, the unit plugs into a black wire connector that is dangling from the Clarion. I wire-tied the SCC1 to the radio frame. Took about 10 minutes. Now for the antenna... I bought a Shakespeare Marine Sirius/XM antenna through Amazon. If you remove the curtain holder on the ceiling in the front bunk, drill a ½ inch hole through the roof with a long bit, the wire snakes down into bunk and is hidden by the curtain holder. You can run the wire along the side, over the passenger door and into the dash. It plugs into the SCC1. I used Dicor lap sealant after screwing down the antenna to the roof. Perfect reception. I can’t say that the quality of the SCC1 is all that great. Sounds a bit tinny and digital, but it does work.
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #17

My 2012 is Sirrus CAPABLE. That means go go to Best Buy, Crutchfield, Etc and purchase add on
cinandtim is offline   Reply With Quote