Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #1

HWH Leveling system

Hello, My wife and I just purchased a used Jayco Greyhawk 31 SS. I has an automatic level system by HWH. We have only had it out once since we purchased it about 2 months ago. The question I have is this, does anyone have any experience with this system? I have had it in the shop twice, thankfully we purchase an extended warranty which covers this. When on ground that is nearly level only three of the four jacks extend. Does anyone know if this because the system senses that there no need for it to extend? I will try it again before we go out for our 10 day trip in August, and back to the shop if I am not comfortable with the way is working. Thanks for any help or knowledge you all can share, Chris
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #2

Hey Chris! I am not familiar with the HWH system, but I have a Big Foot System (not on a Jayco). It occasionally does not drop all 4 legs - it seems to have a different leg drop sequence depending on how the unit sits - but it always gets level.

I would try putting it on a few different terrains and see how it does and if all legs work at some point - maybe yours operates the same??

Only thing I dont like about the way it works is that it is not as stable as it could be. I find myself using the manual override and bringing down the leg until it touches the ground.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #3

I use to have a class A with the HWH. Sound to me like the hydraulic fluid is low.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #4

Check in the manual. I think that there is a procedure in the manual for calibrating the system.
Retired and enjoying new grandson
leeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #5

FLUID is good...

I have had this at the dealership twice, first time for the legs not dropping and extending properly, the next time, there was a constant drip of hyd fluid from the resevoir, that instant I had taken it to work and parked in an open field and everything worked as it should have. I will try various terrains and see that it performs as it should, got about a month before our first extended outing. Thanks to all of you for making me a little smarter!