Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #1

I feel a bad breeze while driving.

We purchased our 2008 Seneca 36fs in Vermont. It was originally from Connecticut. While driving home (8 degrees below) we felt a horrible air leak that was sucking out all the heat (from the front heater). We stopped so many times and taped up every vent and tried to trace it to the source, but couldn't find anything.
I finally came up with a hypothesis that the heat was circulating the cold air from the back to the front. Does that sound possible? Now, we were driving for 12 hours with the front heat blasting, and it never warmed up.
Does anyone know of any locations where air could be coming in?
I noticed that some of the house heat hoses were visible in the basement storage compartments. Could that be it? I also noticed that the inside of my cabinets are very, very cold. I just don't know! Help please!
Thank you,
Jay
2008 Seneca 36FS
Laplata620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:22 AM   #2

8 below.. What you are experiencing is not unusual.

You are definitley feeling the air from the back since there are several places in the floor where wires and pipes go into the basement that you will probably need to seal. That coach was not designed with a "polar package". When we had our 35GS we sucessfully survived temps in the teens but we never were in anything that cold. Many ownerd designed a curtain to hang behind the cab to keep the drivers area warm. The only way to counter the cold from the back would be drive with the furnace on, but that would really use the propane at those temps.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #3

We felt the same thing in our Seneca 37TS when we left cold north GA to head down to FL a few weeks ago. Yes I too think it is circulating up from the back. I could put my hand down near the floor and feel the draft coming from the living quarters. We kept the heat mostly on defrost so we could have heat up top and down on our feet too. That did help some.
2JayBirds is offline   Reply With Quote