Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #1

In 3 days we are Yellowstone NP bound

Getting ready to leave for a 2 week trip in a couple days. Leaving Houston, TX with stops in Palo Dura Canyon, an overnight stop in Colorado and then a couple of nights in Cody, Wy before heading into the park.
After 5 night in YS we head to the Tetons.
Hope that Seneca performs well for us.

We are pumped,
Rick
Rick-in-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #2

Sounds great. We did that same route and then to Oregon. Seneca will do fine. Maybe bring you a jug of DEF just in case. If you get by Cañon City Colorado, give us a holler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #3

We too are going to Yellowstone. We head out of Michigan on 9/3 for 3 weeks. North through Wisconsin, Minnesota, N Dakota, and going in through the north entrance or heading south and staying in Cody, WY. Hoping crowds and traffic have lessened after Labor Day.
Anyone with advice on where to stay would be greatly appreciated.
Midwest Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:39 PM   #4

We went at the end of May, this year and stayed at Colter Bay in the Tetons and loved it. 20 min from YS, about 40 from Jackson Hole. We saw several bears, including the twin cubs which was incredible. Make your reservations as soon as possible, though no matter where you stay.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...lbums1448.html
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 PM   #5

We went to Yellowstone and it was a very memorable experience. If traffic gets all backed up at a standstill it's probably buffalo on the road. When they take the road it's theirs and the rangers don't try and move them. It could be an hour or two so be ready. We parked the rig and had the shuttle take us around. The roads are very narrow and the shuttle driver very informative about everything. Some of the trees are actually touching the edge of the pavement. The shuttle driver pointed out huge gashes on the trees. He said they we're from the mirrors on motor homes hitting them, and that every day they have to collect mirrors that have been knocked off. Have fun you won't forget it.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #6

Just got back from our Yellowstone trip. Leaves me speechless every time I go there. The highway drive into the park from Cody is breathtakingly beautiful. Took our Seneca and stayed at Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone. I highly recommend the pizza at Wild West Pizza, next the market in West Yellowstone. No wood burning campfires at Grizzly RV park, so take a propane campfire if you have one. Also, they water the grass around the campsites every morning before dawn, so don't leave things on that grass that you don't want to get wet. Wish I could go again with you!! Happy Trails...
JmsNMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
We went at the end of May, this year and stayed at Colter Bay in the Tetons and loved it. 20 min from YS, about 40 from Jackson Hole. We saw several bears, including the twin cubs which was incredible. Make your reservations as soon as possible, though no matter where you stay.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...lbums1448.html
We just returned from a trip that included Yellowstone. We stayed at Colter Bay and it was a blast. The drive from Colter Bay to the south entrance takes about 30 minutes and is a very pleasant drive. As soon as we got back home, made another reservation for Colter Bay for Jul '18. Swimming in Lake Jackson became an afternoon ritual and the view of the Tetons from the beach is unbelievable. Lots of activities at Colter Bay that we plan to try out next summer.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-in-Houston View Post
Getting ready to leave for a 2 week trip in a couple days. Leaving Houston, TX with stops in Palo Dura Canyon, an overnight stop in Colorado and then a couple of nights in Cody, Wy before heading into the park.
After 5 night in YS we head to the Tetons.
Hope that Seneca performs well for us.

We are pumped,
Rick
I'm jealous and I've driven from Cody through the YNP 4 times this year! I love this place!

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote