Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Intermittent heater settings

I went through the heater experience like a lot of other folks I have read about on the forum. Thermostat goes to 00 and the resets to 72. Took it to CW and they said they put in an isolation transformer and this cured the problem. My problem was by the time I got it back, I didn't need the heater any more so I never checked it. My bad. Calling for freezing temps tonight so I turned it on only to find out I have the same problem as before. Anyone know where this transformer is located so I can see if it really was installed or is there another problem here as well.
driwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:11 AM   #2

The panel to access my furnace is under the fridge. Remove the panel and look inside. You should see the isolation relay connected between the existing wires. If they did install it, it's possible that a connecting wire came loose.