Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #1

Wink Inverter issue ? Greyhawk 31FS

On shore power, inverter off, engine off...
TV in front kept cycling off after a few minutes, sometimes many minutes of viewing.
After disconnecting the ignition relay from the outlet (which I thought may have been the problem) it still was happening.
This time I was connected to shore power at my home, which I know is stable.

I opened up the access panel under the bed to look for burnt fuses/resets etc. All looked good but did hear a clicking that corresponded with the power going off to that outlet. Clicking seemed to be coming from the inverter.

So I left the shore power plugged in and turned the inverter on. When I did this the power did not cycle off.

Any ideas? Could the clicking and source of this problem be the power transfer switch for some reason trying to switch from inverter to shore power repetedly ?
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #2

We have a 2010 31SS and occasionally when the temoeratures rise outside and we use the AC our TV may momentarily shut off. Also we must be careful as to what accessories we have plugged into the same circuit. Check for any items you may have plugged in and change the outlets you may be using- try a different circuit.
daviddudek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddudek View Post
We have a 2010 31SS and occasionally when the temoeratures rise outside and we use the AC our TV may momentarily shut off. Also we must be careful as to what accessories we have plugged into the same circuit. Check for any items you may have plugged in and change the outlets you may be using- try a different circuit.
I expect when the AC compressor is kicking in you are getting a power drop (AKA a brownout) and the TV is not getting enough power for a moment.

We cannot run the microwave and the AC at the same time or we pop the main circuit.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote