Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #1

Jack Leveling Pads fora Jayco 31SS

I'm taking delivery this week on a Jayco 31SS/Class-C with factory installed leveling jacks. Any recommendations out there and some good pads to go under the leveling jacks? Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #2

If it's the same ones that come with the auto leveling kit on the 5er's, it has a plate already pinned to the bottom of the legs. The plate is about the size of a large dinner plate, approx. 12" diameter. IMO, unless you are planning to park on soft ground, you should be just fine with what's already there.
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

If it is coming with the "Big Foot" jacks you shouldn't need anything. I had them on our 2001 and never put anything under them.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbones View Post
I'm taking delivery this week on a Jayco 31SS/Class-C with factory installed leveling jacks. Any recommendations out there and some good pads to go under the leveling jacks? Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
I like the Ramble Brand RV leveling blocks from CampingWorld...I own a JAYCO 31FK Class C
Bobsanchez44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsanchez44 View Post
I like the Ramble Brand RV leveling blocks from CampingWorld...I own a JAYCO 31FK Class C
I only use the Ramble leveling blocks when the ground is so uneven that my hydraulic leveling jacks dont have enough length to reach the ground. Otherwise eth leveling jacks diont need anything underneath them...
Bobsanchez44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #6

Thanks for the input. I'll keep my Wally World Leveling Blocks just in case of... I'll see whether or not the rig has Big Feet and go from there,,.. :-)
Old 03-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #7

For soft ground I use 1-1/8" plywood squares...12"x12" and 16"x16". Lowes and Home Depot both carry 1-1/8, about $38.00 for a 4'x8' sheet.
Busa1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #8

Own a 2012 Jayco 31SS. Big Foot leveling system. On “auto” level, the unit does not get very level, high in the rear, vs front. A soccer ball when placed on the floor will roll to the front of the vehicle. I have been using the manual system and laying a bubble level on the floor by the controls and that seems to work ok. Anyone else have similar issues? Can the Big Foot be out of adjustment/calibration? It’s still under warranty.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #9

Tom,

I had the same issue with my leveling system after the dealer removed some shims from the helper springs that was causing an issue with damage to the fresh water tank. The dealer re-calibrated them, and it was even worse. I contacted Big Foot, they responded when I was on night shift, with the RV in storage. I called back and they never called back to assist. I did contact Jayco and they sent me some calibration / reprogramming instructions. I copied and pasted the instructions below:

HOW TO PROGRAM THE
AUTO/MANUAL PANEL
1. Turn panel/system on and let the system run thru its diagnostic mode. Lights will flash clockwise around the green bigfoot symbol.
2. When the lights stop flashing, push the button labeled (front) 5 times. Then press the button labeled (rear) 5 times. Once you have done this, all lights on panel will
begin to flash. This means you have reached in the system what is called (zero mode.
3. At this time you can operate each corner or pair of levelers individually to get the coach level.
For example:
Front button runs the right front
Right button runs the right rear
Rear button runs the left rear
Left button runs the left front
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to lower 2 levers or corners at a time. For example:
Run the front jacks together, left’s, rights, and rears. Doing so will avoid raising one
particular corner at a time.
4. Once you have the coach level, you can now (Store) a new program into the system. To do so push the (retract) button 3 times. If you wish to store the air dump feature,
press the (retract) button again three time while the air dump light is flashing. Otherwise let the air dump light stop before pressing any other buttons. System is now
programmed, retract jacks and run in auto mode to check level.