Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #1

Jayco Melbourne 26 A

Hello all, we are new to the world of RV and this is my very first post, please be kind I have been considering the purchase of a 2008 Melbourne 26A. My wife and I and two Goldendoodles hope the make this our new vacation home. I would love to hear from any Class C Jayco folks that can suggest what to look for in this coach, and if they are happy with the quality and performance of the 26A. Thank you
Lee Seidman
friskyfela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #2

Lee welcome to the group
I cannot help you with your question but will say that everyone here is polite.. I have not seen any of the ragging on a person that you see with some groups.. JUST ANOTHER GREAT REASON TO OWN JAYCO
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #3

Welcome! Everyone here is kind!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #4

26d

Do you all fit inside? How crowded are you, can you live like this are a week or two at a time. You would be comfortable if you had to spend a day 2 inside because of the weather.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 PM   #5

We have a 2010 26A... absolutely love it! The only issues so far - were a busted sink accessory hose - which meant we had to wash dishes in the bath sink. Due to a bad coordination plug the cigarette lighter and accessory plug shorted - so charging things wasn't possible unless using the generator en route, or AC. We have a reworked satellite system which is pretty good, and CD system which is good. Heating/Air and Microwave have all been great. We haven't used it enough to truly figure out how/when to use the shower...so we've stuck with park showers when possible. We bought a blue memory foam pad at Costco which really improved the master bed...so on a colder night, a book or movie, a little heat, and you have a wonderfully cozy space. We also bought a small tank vacuum by Simplicity(yes the sewing company)...and it has excellent suction. Plastic runner for the carpeting - easy to cut, pee-free from the dogs, easy to clean on/under. I also purchased "feet" for the sewage hose, and a box of disposable gloves...trial and error - I've found so many nice folks willing to help along the way.
I think you'd love this type of vehicle....everything there!
ShimmeringSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #6

we have a Melbourne 29D and travel with a Lab and Australian Shepard mix. We love it and have been very happy with the unit , have had few problems and Jayco and our dealer have been very responsive to them.
Best of luck with your decision.
bass n bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #7

Thanks for the input. We are really looking forward to our adventure with the unit. We pick up next Friday and have a 620 trip home. Plan to make two overnite stops on the way just to work things out. Any suggestions you can give would be appriciated!
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #8

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Lee! Our neighbors have labradoodles! They are sweet and they are big! But so are our two older grandkids and they fit in our old 17' tt! LOL Are you looking at a specific 26A? Is it at a dealer, stranger, or being sold by someone you know? Perhaps some of the MH owners in general can give you an idea of things to check carefully before taking ownership of a pre-owned MH. Happy shopping and let us know what you wind up doing!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #9

We just purchased a 2008 26A 28 foot Melbourne in July that only had 27k miles on it. We have a problem with the water pump sleeve and the water pump filter assembly. We had just pulled into a camp site when we noticed that the rug was soaked all the way up to the front seats. I found that the water pump sleeve and the attached filter assembly was practically gushing water. I tightened the sleeve which stopped the leak but cannot tighten the filter assembly enough to stop that leak. It's quite difficult to do anything through the access compartment because of space limitations. The only way to get in there to repair anything is to remove the cabinet inside. In our case it looks like that was done before, because the cabinet trim on the bulkhead is damaged and they didn't even finish caulking the cabinet. The leakage now is minimal and we placed a Ziplock plastic container under the pump/filter assembly to contain the water. The only time it leaks is when we have to use the pump. One of these days I'll try removing the cabinet. Check all piping under your kitchen and bathroom sinks too. They're known to jar loose. Good Luck!
taipan is offline   Reply With Quote